Best intel Nuc Windows/XBMC Settings?
Hello, I have a D34010WYK Haswell 3rd gen I3 NUC and a DN2820FYKH 3rd gen Bay Trail-M N2820 NUC. Both running Windows 7 x64, XBMC 13.2 b1. Both running Latest available release of drivers. All settings have remained default, as even after reading wiki I don't fully comprehend what they all do.

Now to be honest, the default settings in XBMC for these 2 Nucs seem to work ok, Some minor rare video issues that very well could just be source content, Nothing that has really bugged anyone.

However, I can't help but wonder are there any settings in XBMC specifically regarding hardware, Video and audio I would be better off set differently than what it installs as default?
Honestly, probably not. Most of the additional settings are for weird edge cases. For a NUC plugged into a 1080p tv via HDMI, the defaults should do just about everything you need.
I have exactly the same model of NUC, defaults do indeed work fine. I did however add a 2s delay for "Pause during refresh rate change" because in my setup at least, switching from 60Hz to 24Hz does cause a blank display for about that time.

I'm also using an AVR so I changed from DirectSound to WASAPI in order to get DTS-HD and TrueHD bitstreaming.

Also, according to this, you should keep Hardware Accelerate decoding but switch to 'Software' as the rendering method to avoid output range issues like crushed blacks.
Cool, Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best intel Nuc Windows/XBMC Settings?0