libxml2.dll Error on Windows PC
Hi everyone,

I've had XBMC installed on my laptop(PC with Windows 7) for a few months now with no issues.

When I tried to start it up today, I got a message stating "The program can't start because python27.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem. I googled this and downloaded a program that installs dll files, and it looks like it fixed the python27 error.

But when I attempted to start XBMC again, I got the same error message, but instead of python27, it was for libxml2.dll. The dll file program I downloaded was only good for 1 install and now I'll need to purchase the $30 package if I want to use it again, so i am trying to figure out other alternatives to get this resolves.

I've also attempted to reinstall XBMC 3 or 4 times along with rebooting my PC, but that hasn't helped.

I'm still not sure why this became an issue all of a sudden as i haven't downloaded or really done anything different with my laptop, just the usual general web browsing and using XBMC.

Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
re-install xbmc (without removing anything)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-07-27, 18:09)Martijn Wrote: re-install xbmc (without removing anything)

Thanks for the input.

I should have mentioned that I did that, my bad. I updated my OP, I reinstalled 3 or 4 times and rebooted my PC, but still received the same error each time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libxml2.dll Error on Windows PC0