Win [SOLVED] Use External Player without setting "Fullscreen Window" (Possible?)
I've got my external player script working perfectly without much problem (playercorefactory.xml).

However, I (like everyone else I've read about), can only get it to work while "Use Fullscreen Window" is turned on.

But using fullscreen window causes some other issues for me.

Is there REALLY no way to use an external player properly without having this option enabled?

I was thinking that there may be a few methods that could work:
- edit the external player .bat script to include a few lines that would turn this option on and off as needed (not sure if command line commands exist for enabled/disabling this option or any xbmc options on the fly)
- use pssuspend.exe whtin the external player .bat file (I tried this and couldn't get it to work)
- edit the external player command line to copy/paste a version of the XBMC config file which contains the fullscreen window setting as "on" and a different on for "off". But I'm not sure if this will make changes on the fly.

I guess you guys get what I'm trying to do here, but I've been unsuccessful so far.

This is the last piece to my Media Center puzzle. Would be really nice to figure it out.
Ok so I solved my own problem.

Just download a program called "nircmd" and place it in your windows directory.

Once you have done this, add the follow line to your "PlayIso.bat" file as the first line in the file as well as the line just before "exit".

Code:
nircmd sendkey 0xDC press

note this is for US standard keyboard, other keyboards might be different

This solution will allow you to keep XBMC running in a true full screen while still being able to use external players.

It may not be very pretty though, because 0xDC is the same as pressing "\" which will toggle XBMC into a non-full-screen window.

But this is the best I could come up with for now. Hopefully the devs will eventually make it so that whenever playing to an external player, XBMC will automatically switch to "Fullscreen window" before processing the playback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Use External Player without setting "Fullscreen Window" (Possible?)1