How to completely disable XBMC support for 360 controller
I would like to use an external program to handle XBMC control by gamepad (360 controller or XBOne controller). I understand that the keymap xml is located in ...\XBMC\system\keymaps\. I renamed the 360 xml file and rebooted XBMC, but still appear to get 360 control (the external program is providing secondary, double inputs so I get two directional commands instead of one). Should I be looking elsewhere or removing and backing up other xml gamepad files?

I'm referencing this conversation: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156088.
Not sure his your external program sends inputs to xbmc, but you could disable joystick support in xbmcs settings, under input devices.
And you're absolutely right. Sorry, I'd gotten caught up in configuration files and XMLs so much I'd forgotten that was a setting. Thanks.
Just FYI, the name of the XML file for the 360 doesn't matter. To go that route, you need to make it something other than an XML file. Like ._ml or .XML_old
(2014-07-28, 10:16)natethomas Wrote: Just FYI, the name of the XML file for the 360 doesn't matter. To go that route, you need to make it something other than an XML file. Like ._ml or .XML_old

Actually I renamed it <name>.bak as I commonly do and it still didn't make any difference. XBMC 360 control continued normally. I assumed that XBMC may have been grabbing control inputs from some other more generic 'pad xml file.
I think doing it via keymap xml's you would need to copy the system keymap into the user keymaps folder and change all the keymappings to noop. System keymaps are overwritten with xbmc updates and the user keymap overrides the system keymap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to completely disable XBMC support for 360 controller0