Win XBMC freeze for 10 sex on focus
I recently bought a nuforce uDAC-3 because I grew tired of the poor sound quality my internal sound card gave me. After installing the new DAC I disabled the internal soundcard in my bios. After that XBMC started to act weird. I have a multi-monitor setup so I usually run XBMC on one of my monitors and do work on the other.

The problem
Everytime I focus on some other program other than XBMC and then focus back on XBMC, XBMC freezes for a good 10-15 seconds. It doesn't matter if i'm playing a movie or just idling on the start screen.

What I've tried
I've tried to change sound settings inside XBMC but no matter what I've tried have helped. I have also removed the new DAC and reinstalled the internal sound card. That helps but that is not acceptable.

Anyone else experienced this?
XBMC wasn't designed as a multi-tasking program. That said, looks like some code is being cached (O/S or XBMC) and then brought back alive; you have to live with the copy & expansion time or increase/decrease whatever cache, buffer or diskcache. OTH this could be just the code swap between audio devices. A proper debug log would help you see the issues and bottle necks, in code time 10 seconds is very long and should show up.
Using sex instead of sec in the title DID indeed make me focus a bit more Smile
I guess there isn't much you can do to help this then. It's just weird it was never an issue before. Not until I installed the new DAC.

Lol funny typo on the subject.. Bet people read that twice Big Grin
I had that issue where I would freeze for sex as well when I was about 12.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC freeze for 10 sex on focus0