Adding shairport device to Audio Outputs
I've been Googling this for a while and can't seem to find an answer:

I have a raspberry pi set up as a shairplay device, with the audio output going to a stereo receiver that controls in-ceiling speakers throughout my house. Currently I play music by streaming to the pi from my laptop or iphone running itunes. The speakers are wired to a small closet in the center of the house where the pi and receiver are.

I have a PC in the living room, and I'd like to know if it's possible to stream audio FROM that PC with xbmc TO the pi. Basically, I need to add the shairport pi to the list of devices in the audio output section.

Thanks
That is not possible (assuming you are running windows on that PC). You could achieve this when running MacOSX (which automatically has an Airplay Audio Device which can be selected - even from within XBM) or Linux (where the pulse audio server has a feature for streaming all audio to an Airplay target).

If you are running windows you can use the UPNP "Play using" feature to stream stuff from XBMC running on the PC to XBMC running on the PI.

See

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=UPn...nP_targets
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding shairport device to Audio Outputs0