Roll Back to Frodo From Gotham
I need to roll back my Windows Gotham (13.1) to Frodo to troubleshoot a problem with my receiver not seeing the correct audio encoding.

Are there any "gotchas" to look out for? Should I just deinstall XBMC, install Frodo, then restore my backup of the \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\ folder?
If that backup is pre-upgrade to Gotham, then you should be fine. Just rename or delete the old userdata folder uninstall Gotham, install Frodo, and put your backup in place. Obviously anything you added to your library after the upgrade would have to be re scraped.
Thanks. I haven't changes anything since the upgrade and I did a full backup just prior. Should be straightforward.
I would go a different route if it were me.

You state you have issues and wish to do some tests and troubleshooting, in that case having both Frodo & Gotham available would be best in my view so you can easily switch from Gotham to Frodo and back again. As you've already got Gotham installed I'd leave it as it is and reinstall Frodo to a separate folder e.g. xbmc-frodo then run in portable mode using the -p option in the shortcut target, this will create a portable_data folder within the xbmc-frodo install folder to which you can copy the contents of your userdata backup into, so that's the addons, cache, & media etc folders.
Well, this was an easy way to troubleshoot and merely reverting to Frodo solved the problem. I don't know why playing back a video file with any kind of multi-channel encoding under Gotham was not recognized by my receiver in the correct format (DTS, Dolby Surround, TrueHD, etc.). Neither the WASAPI nor the DirectSound driver worked. Under Frodo it works as it should.

I'll just wait a bit longer before I try again, when I know what to expect and can spend some time troubleshooting it properly.
When you upgraded to Gotham did you enable the Expert settings allowing you to configure passthrough?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Roll Back to Frodo From Gotham0