Bad TV-Image-Quality since Gotham
Hi Guys,

i´m using Openelec 4.0.7 -> Gotham 13.1. With XBMC 12.2 I had a much more better quality of the Live TV image! How can I improve the quality of the TV picture? I tried all settings on the OSD-menu and get the best quality by setting all on "auto"! But this is much worse than with XBMC 12.2!
What changed since 12.2?

I use TVheadend with a Tevii S471.

Can anyone explain me the function of the HQ-Scaler? I played also with them and it seems to me, it scale nothing!

Please help me, to get a nice TV-picture!!!
After some research i must come to the point, that this issue belongs to the bad upscaling skills of xbmc. My cheap Trekstore Cepto S2 Sat receiver does much better upscaling of the TV content.
On XBMC Frodo they were eye to eye and I didn´t see any difference! I´m comfortable with the upscaling on SD-content like avi or mkv files. What can I do? Is it possible to use other upscaling methods? Are there changes in the upscaling of TV-content between Frodo and Gotham?
I don't see any difference .. using bicubic upscaling, which works fine
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Have you tried all the various upscaling methods? Also choose an appropriate deinterlacing method, it has a very large impact on image quality.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bad TV-Image-Quality since Gotham0