Is it possible to stream files not imported into a "library" with UPnP?
Is it possible to stream files not imported into a "library" with UPnP? I'm new to XBMC so apologies if I've missed something "obvious".

I've played with the scrapers and except for our mp3 collection I don't find the libraries they make useful at all,

The music scraper maintains the artist-album-song hierarchy of my file system and some of the other "cross-links" created via library categories are even occasionally useful.

But for movies and TV shows the scrapers and my file naming system don't get along and what does get added to the library actually becomes harder to find since their idea of "genre" don't match my categories well at all. Renaming 3+ TB of media files ain't happening any time soon, if ever!

What does get added to the library is stream-able via UPnP so I'm pretty sure my XBMC set-up is sane.

When I browse the UPnP share there is a "Files directory" but it is always empty. What I'm looking for is a way to have this show my directory layout with a *.m3u link for each file as made when files are added to the library via a scraper.
While playing around with my Chromebox last night I somehow did something that made what I desire happen. The djmount UPnP client now sees my directory structure and *.m3u links to the media files, and I can play them with VLC on my desktop.

I've no idea how to help anyone else get it working!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to stream files not imported into a "library" with UPnP?0