Newbie Needs Help
Hello all.

I have two PCs in my house connected to TVs. Each one is connected to an antenna in my attic via two USB TV tuners each. I have a total of four computers in the house, and all are networked and share access to the media stored on an external hard drive. I have been running Windows Media Center on my two TV PCs for several years for live TV and the DVR functionality, but lately I've been getting more and more disgruntled with its other features. For one thing, WMC cannot seem to display .srt files, and the music player is a joke. So, I'm basically using three software programs for three different types of media: WMC for live TV, Winamp for music and Media Player Classic for any movies with .srt subtitles.

My question is this. I'd like to just use one single platform to perform all three functions, and it appears that XBMC might be it. That said, I'm having some difficulty setting it all up. I've read through the newbie instructions, and I can't seem to parse what exactly I need to do to get everything to function properly. Is there a simple solution (read: moderately computer inclined but not a programmer level of instructions) to set everything up? Is there an app pack perhaps?

Thanks in advance for an help you can give me. I apologize if the question's been answered already and I just couldn't locate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie Needs Help0