XBMC has stopped working
When I open up a movie, the movie loads, starts then shuts down and I get the below listed error message

XBMC has stopped working
a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
Wait a month or two....maybe somebody will get his crystal ball back, so he might see in there what happens, as you don't provide a Debug Log
No need for the rudeness, but a debug log really would be very useful. Sounds like there's something wrong with the file you're playing, but without the debug log it's hard to tell.
Thanks for being so understanding.. I obviously am new to this. Hopefully the below listed will help solve the conundrum

1.A clear and details description of your problem.
When I open up a movie, the movie loads, starts then shuts down and I get the below listed error message

XBMC has stopped working
a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

2.The version of XBMC you are running 12.3
3.The operating system you are running on and the version – Windows 7, sp1 64 bit 7601
4.The architecture your are running on - 64bit.
5.How you installed XBMC – downloaded
7.Details on how to replicate the problem. load any movie and it will happen as the movie starts

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=256095
I was not rude...maybe a bit sarcastic...and I forgot a smiley Wink

@earlroberts:

As you are on XBMC Frodo (12.3) and Frodo is not supported anymore, I would first upgrade to a newer version of XBMC. 13.1 is now stable and some things might have fixed already.

The logfile you pasted doesn´t show any error messages. You have to reproduce your issue and then take the log from this crash. Otherwise (when everything is running fine) it´s hard to find an issue Wink

But anyway...I would upgrade first and see if your problem is solved.

Greetings
David
Thank you my friend..will upgrade and let u know.. thanks again...should I completely deinstall 12.3?
(2014-07-29, 16:08)earlroberts Wrote: Thank you my friend..will upgrade and let u know.. thanks again...should I completely deinstall 12.3?

first backup your userdata (wiki) and then just install on top. This should transfer most settings.
You will have to re-do some audio settings though.

Should upgrade fail or you want to go back you always have the backup.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Upgraded to 13.1, and all it working now.. Thanks for taking the time to help meSmile
I have this problem on gotham more and more every day.
I've been trying to play something today, but that's impossible.
I didn't upgrade, install or remove anything, but made many modifications in my media files.
I rescanned and cleaned a few times, all is perfectly up to date in the lists, but 9 times on 10, xbmc crashes while beginning to play.

Should I restart a new library to fix this ?

thx
(2014-08-13, 10:33)mm4557 Wrote: I have this problem on gotham more and more every day.
I've been trying to play something today, but that's impossible.
I didn't upgrade, install or remove anything, but made many modifications in my media files.
I rescanned and cleaned a few times, all is perfectly up to date in the lists, but 9 times on 10, xbmc crashes while beginning to play.

Should I restart a new library to fix this ?

thx

I think you should start a new thread for your issue, detailing your OS, your exact issue - with steps needed to replicate, any modifications to files you have made, and a link to a proper debug log (wiki). This is the best way to go about getting some support Smile
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC has stopped working0