Cant decide between gt630 abd HD 6570
Hey Guys,

My HD 5550 just died today.. so I'm currently in search for a new card, was able to narrow things down and its between HD 6570 and GT 630,

price wise they are identical at a local dealer also heat and noise wont be any problems because i have a well ventilated HTPC , my question is which is better, PQ? Stability? Power Consumption?, Big Grin

also i don't have any experience with nvidia cards. .Big Grin
The easy answer is Nvidia due to Linux support. If you want a better answer you'll have to tell us what you're needs are and your psu might also be relevant.
thank you for the reply ..
- 95% movies (DVD/Blu-ray "2d-3d")
- 5% music and music videos.

Also no 3rd party codes like MadVR just pure XBMC,

I'm not into gaming so it doesn't have to be too powerful..

For my PSU its a coolermaster 550watts, OS is windows 7 Home Premium,

-forgot to mention, my previous card didn't support 3d, so which is better for 3rd the 6570 or 630?
Either of them should do 3d no problem. The nVidia has a higher resolution, but the AMD is faster. If it interests you, then the nVidia is SLI capable. Drivers won't be an issue on Windows, so either card would probably suit you.

If it were me, I'd still buy the nVidia, but that's just my personal preference, having run nVidia graphics for at least the last 10 years.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
thank you black_eagle

HD 6570 is 15% faster than the 630 but my previous card was a HD 5550 which is the gt 630 is I think 10% faster and it played everything i threw at it, ill go for the GT 630 then.. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant decide between gt630 abd HD 65700