Android Sound! No video!!!!!!!!!
I have the android tvbox 4.2, ran on Frodo.
After 2-3 months it got slow, buffering etc.
I uninstalled xbmc, the uploaded the new Gotham 13.1
Version. Great super! Everything I want is there,
Except!!!!!!!
I've got sound!!!!
But!!!!!!!!
NO VIDEO!!!!!!!
Can anyone help to sort this problem outHuh?
Everything on the screen is normal, menus, settings,
Back screen etc,
Plays tv, movies.
I can hear it!!!
No can see!!!!!
Settings, video, acceleration. (can't remember off the top of my head if you select playback before acceleration)

**Also you may have to change to expert settings.

Uncheck the two radio buttons that say hardware acceleration. Check the button that says use software acceleration.

Done.
(2014-07-29, 10:48)Fiss Wrote: Settings, video, acceleration. (can't remember off the top of my head if you select playback before acceleration)

Uncheck the two radio buttons that say hardware acceleration. Check the button that says use software acceleration.

Done.

Thank you very much!!!!!!
Did what you said, worked straight away.
Thank you!

By any chance?
Have the same box (another one)
Sound. But only a black screen for video.
I erased xbmc (frodo)
The installed xbmc Gotham 13.1.
No video was the result,
any answers to that one?
I've got 5 boxes, for FAMILLY and friends,
Had to put some to hdmi, and the others to the
3 cables settings. (Red, white, yellow)
Somewhere along the line I messed these 2 up.
Thanks again.
(2014-07-29, 10:48)Fiss Wrote: Settings, video, acceleration. (can't remember off the top of my head if you select playback before acceleration)

Done.

No. This is like chopping off your arm to make your hand stop hurting. You aren't fixing anything, and telling people to do this without checking other options is really bad advice. So, you know, stop doing that.

There is some advice on this covered in the Android FAQ (wiki).
Wow, really sorry Ned. I thought I was helping. My first post, I solve the guys problem and you give me this. Such a lovely forum you keep.

Really sorry vinnyK but I can't help you out because I have just cut my arm off and typing is proving difficult.
What I think Ned meant (not to speak for him), is that you jumped straight to the last thing you should do to try to solve the OP's problem since there is actually a section in the Android FAQ that deals with this subject.

3.7 No video/black screen, only sound, when playing files

Although software decoding may work in some instances, it will not work for all instances and it is optimal to have hardware decoding working.

@Vinnyk

If you try the advice from the above link and nothing fixes your issue, you should post a Debug Log.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
What I think Ned should be (not to speak for him) is a touch more polite given that was my first post. Even if it was not my first post, isn't this supposed to be a community?

What kind of a forum addresses new members like that.

I appreciate your response Tinwarble, thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound! No video!!!!!!!!!0