Android Enabling Live TV
(2014-10-31, 03:23)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not very familiar with using external players for PVR. It might not be completely supported.

Does XBMC have an actual "internal" player or rather does it just default to MX Player (an external player)? I think I recall before I switched to using Wondershare Player for playing the HD HomeRun video stream (using Video -> Files) I got the same popup dialog box telling be to "Click OK when playback has ended" but there was no external player active. I have the following at the end of my playercorefactory.xml file - can you see anything that looks suspicious?

<rules action="prepend">
<!---
********** EDIT THIS SECTION **********
The following player assignments work as of 31 AUG 14
-->
<!-- DVD Images -->
<rule dvdimage="true" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- rtmp Streams (Ice / Navi-x) -->
<rule protocols="rtmp" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- rtsp Streams (Type of internet stream) -->
<rule protocols="rtsp" player="WondersharePlayer" />

<!-- Internet streams -->
<rule internetstream="true" player="WondersharePlayer" />

<!-- SAMBA Shares -->
<rule protocols="smb" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- SopCast -->
<rule protocols="sop" player="SopCast" />

<!-- Video files -- Default rule (last to ensure above trigger first -->
<rule video="true" player="WondersharePlayer" />

</rules>
</playercorefactory>
(2014-10-31, 03:23)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not very familiar with using external players for PVR. It might not be completely supported.

Does the following xbmc.log snippet shed light on why the external player (Wondershare player) does not play when called upon? The only error that is recorded in the log file is:
10:58:01 T:1248719904 ERROR: CXBMCApp::StartActivity - ExceptionOccurred launching com.wondershare.player <------------------------

10:58:01 T:1230848096 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: com.wondershare.player
10:58:01 T:1230848096 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (false), hidexbmc (true), islauncher (false), warpcursor ()
10:58:01 T:1230848096 NOTICE: virtual bool CExternalPlayer::OpenFile(const CFileItem&, const CPlayerOptions&): pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr
10:58:01 T:1230848096 DEBUG: PlayBackRet CApplication:TonguelayFile(const CFileItem&, bool) : OpenFile succeed, play state 1
10:58:01 T:1248719904 NOTICE: Thread ExternalPlayer start, auto delete: false
10:58:01 T:1248719904 NOTICE: virtual void CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess(): Player : com.wondershare.player
10:58:01 T:1248719904 NOTICE: virtual void CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess(): File : pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr
10:58:01 T:1248719904 NOTICE: virtual void CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess(): Content:
10:58:01 T:1248719904 NOTICE: virtual void CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess(): Args :
10:58:01 T:1248719904 NOTICE: virtual void CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess(): Start
10:58:01 T:1248719904 NOTICE: virtual void CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess(): Hiding XBMC window
10:58:01 T:1248719904 DEBUG: virtual void CApplication::OnPlayBackStarted() : play state was 1, starting 0
10:58:01 T:1248719904 NOTICE: virtual BOOL CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppAndroid(const char*, const char*): com.wondershare.player
10:58:01 T:1282475352 NOTICE: PrimeWire: Service: Playback started
10:58:01 T:1248719904 ERROR: CXBMCApp::StartActivity - ExceptionOccurred launching com.wondershare.player <------------------------
10:58:01 T:1248719904 NOTICE: virtual void CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess(): XBMC cannot stay hidden for a launcher process
10:58:01 T:1230848096 DEBUG: CGUIInfoManager::SetCurrentMovie(pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr)
10:58:01 T:1230848096 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnPlay from xbmc
10:58:01 T:1230848096 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 1, from xbmc, message OnPlay
10:58:01 T:1230848096 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogOK.xml) ------
XBMC has had an internal player since it's first version 10 years ago. We've never defaulted to using an external player, not with any official version of XBMC/Kodi, at least. For most users, an external player doesn't be required and the normal internal one (named dvdplayer) should be just fine. I think at this point you should try using the normal internal player and see if that works. The external player is mainly just for advanced situations, and isn't something that most people typically use.
(2014-10-31, 07:57)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC has had an internal player since it's first version 10 years ago. We've never defaulted to using an external player, not with any official version of XBMC/Kodi, at least. For most users, an external player doesn't be required and the normal internal one (named dvdplayer) should be just fine. I think at this point you should try using the normal internal player and see if that works. The external player is mainly just for advanced situations, and isn't something that most people typically use.

Thank you for the information. I didn't know "DVDPlayer" is the XBMC internal player in playcorefactory.xml - but that makes sense to me now since it is not defined in the <players> definition section of playcorefactory.xml.

I removed playcorefactory.xml from the userdata directory to force the use of XBMC's internal player (DVDPlayer) and when I select a channel from LIVE TV it starts to play the audio of the selected channel for about 0.25 second and then XBMC closes and an "Unfortunately, XBMC has stopped" message (with OK button) is displayed. The video is not displayed, but the preview window on the right of the screen is cleared as if in preparation to display the video. Can you suggest any other settings that may need to be changed?
(2014-10-30, 02:46)steeb Wrote: "Choose a platform (windows/Linux/Mac OS) that you are happy with, pick compatible PVR software, and install, configure, and enjoy."

Good advice from HappyMan.

I don't have HD Homerun myself as in UK BUT NextPVR is VERY supportive of this device from what I read on the NextPVR forums.

However NextPVR ONLY runs on Windows.

I would say WHATEVER backend software you use for your PVR there will be a sharp learning curve as that becomes a standalone machine capable of serving your PVR needs, to Kodi. And then there is the figuring out of how supported that software is currently within Kodi. Though from what I have read pretty much all of any current PVR sofware is supported by, and under development.

Hope that makes some sense?

Mythtv works perfectly with hdhr if you are averse to windows.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
My issues are with the Android version of XBMC. If I could use a Windows solution that works with Android, then I surly would.

Isn't this topic in the Android support forum? Or am I off topic?

I have installed XBMC with a NextPVR backend on Windows 7 that works very well and I was hoping the same for Android. So far the Android version of XBMC is good, but not as good as the Windows version for me.
I found the solution to my problem (video doesn't play and XBMC shuts down). I don't know how to add a link to the post with the solution but the post title is "Live TV (From M3u) Sound only no Picture" (within this Android Support forum). Here is the link: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=206398

Anyway, the suggestion (from Memphiz) was to "play with the vide acceleration settings in system->video->acceleration (switch between mediacodec and stagefright or even try to turn off both)." I turned both mediacodec and stagefright off and voila! - LIVE TV videos (and audio) now play with the internal DVDPlayer. Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enabling Live TV0