dynamic source lists
Hi Everyone, I was not able to find anything on the forums regarding my issue so here goes!

I have my main HTPC running gotham and my android tablet running gotham as well. I am running a centralised mySQL database for all devices which resides on the HTPC. The issue is that I often take my tablet with me. How can I dynamically use different source lists based on whether the tablet can access the mySQL database or not.

Currently, if the tablet cannot see the database, it doesn't start, crashes on splash screen. Best way I have found around this is to temporarily shift the advancedsettings and sources xml files until I am back on the network.

Any advice as to how to make this a little more streamlined?

Thanks all!
Not yet. There are plans (and already some code done by Montelesse) to change the way the database works that would support this scenario.
This is in a beginning stadium however - you likely have to wait another year or so.

You can view some of the code here: https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/tree/media_import

For now what you are doing is ok, you could maybe consider running two instances of XBMC, one in portable mode, so that you can start XBMC from different links.
Two separate profiles.
you could use upnp on the tablet

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dynamic source lists0