Solved [Partially Solved] Updating files in Gotham! Duplicates' terror!
Exclamation 
Hello to all.

I have a quite neatly organised library consisting of many (many) movies and tv shows.
Many of my movies however are in dvdrip formats and everyday I stumble upon better versions (eg brrips) and I like to update my files.
To do that; I delete the old video files and replace them with new ones on my hard drives (same path).
After doing that in windows I update the library from within XBMC and then do a library clean from settings.
This has been working flawlessly in Frodo version.

In Gotham version however when searching for the movie that was updated the results show the movie twice. And when selecting the results only one of them link to the movie; the other one does nothing.
Neverheless in the library the movie correctly appears only once.

The only way to stop that from happening is to first remove from the library the movie (or episode) you wish to update then replace the old file with the new video file and then update the library.
Quite annoying isn't it?

Test it, try it, confirm it! And if you have any ideas feel free to contribute.

Thanks in advance...
Hmm interesting. It only happens when searching using the universal search?
Welcome to the forums.

I cant confirm what I dont experience, but I can suggest you pastebin Debug logs (wiki) of you reproducing the issue and your sources directory structures screenshots that show the affected files for you

A general good tip is to enable debug in xbmc then restart xbmc, then reproduce issue and pastebin said log.

You may want to try out http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158373.
Hi and thanks for the quick response(s).

Kib; when I say "search" I mean the search option that appears in the left side quick menu when in the movies or tv shows section.
I am not familiar with any other search function to be honest.

uNiversal; I will attempt to get a debug log the next time I update a video file.

Just to doublecheck:
1) I enable debugging in xbmc and exit the program.
2) I replace a file on the hard drive.
3) I restart xbmc, do a library update and a library clean.
4) I exit xbmc again.

Where is the debug log located? And when you say printscreens from my sources' directory structure you mean from within windows right?
Debug logs are located in Debug log (wiki) < click that for more info. Yes structures that show naming conventions in some windows like ui screenshot would be ok.
This is easily reproducable if you mark the 'old' file as 'watched', and then re-name it & re-scrape. In the actual movie library it will show up twice after a 'clean' (whether you perform a search or not).
(2014-07-29, 20:55)uNiversal Wrote: Debug logs are located in Debug log (wiki) < click that for more info. Yes structures that show naming conventions in some windows like ui screenshot would be ok.

Ok then. Will do and will post asap.

(2014-07-29, 21:24)isamudaison Wrote: This is easily reproducable if you mark the 'old' file as 'watched', and then re-name it & re-scrape. In the actual movie library it will show up twice after a 'clean' (whether you perform a search or not).

In my case I don't have duplicates in the actual library but only in the search results ('movie' and 'movie plot').
But then again I have not tried to update a file when it has been marked as watched!
I guess this could be listed as another "glitch"...
Im interetsted , "mildly" on what can be somewhat verified but the screenshots and debug logs, thers are none so there is no problem.
Hello again.

First thing I want to say is that the problem I described in my first post seems to be happening randomly since I tried to reproduce it with another video file and instead of that I ended up with duplicates in my actual library and not only in my search results.

Anyway; this is how it went down:

Windows file directory before.
Windows file directory after.
Debug log of library update and clean.

I say again that this whole procedure left me with two records of the same video file in xbmc showing both in movie library as well as in the search results.

Have fun!
more then likely your issue lies with the multitude of shady/piracy plugins installed
From the original claim that the library is neatly organised to the issues reported, and after seeing the naming conventions used is somewhat contradictory, so ill assume its user error by means of not knowing any better.

I would suggest a cleanup by "filebot" of this so called "neatly organized" library by reading Naming_video_files (wiki) but I would also suggest the texturecache.py use to wrangle in the remainder
helta
I forgot to mention that I am also running xbmc gotham openelec 4.0.7 on a rasspberry pi without any addon whatsoever and the same problem occurs; so I don't think that's the case here.

uNiversal
The only difference between the Naming_video_files suggested and the "naming conventions" in my whole library is that instead of having say: "\Movies\Avatar (2009)\somefilename.mkv" I have "\Movies\Avatar [2009]\somefilename.mkv". And I assume that if the difference between parentheses and brackets really created an issue I wouldn't have the video file at all in my library in the first place.

Anyway; I narrowed down the problem.
This time I added 4 new movies in my library and at the same time I replaced another with a newer better version (brrip).
As I described before I first did a library update and then a library clean.
The result was that the new movies were successfully added whereas the 'updated' one was not.
Instead; with the library clean the system did not find the previous file path (apparently) and deleted the movie from the library but not from the search results.
With a new library update the movie is correctly added and being listed in the library (without me changing anything in the "naming convention"); but in the search reults I have duplicates.

Luckily I got a debug log when doing all this and the errors appearing are:
ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22)
ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site

What do these mean?
So, you delete the old file add the new one scan and clean library? Sill the old movie show up? ok, try to play the movie you removed, then just say yes when xbmc asks you if ou want the remove the movie from library.
If things not getting added check your sources and make sure content is set properly, or pull context menu on sources and select scan for new content (which only scans that source not all which is what update lib does.)

Since you ignoring what I posted about texturecache.py then that it.

Difference between naming video files/Naming conventions, none.
What those errors mean. Means its trying to get to some page on some server and getting a 404 error, curl error 22 is when http returns a error greater than 400.
The movie shows up only in the search results (see my 1st post) so I don't have the option to play it.
When I click on the search result nothing happens.

I will try the contrext menu thing for scanning.

I am guessing that the http errors are the culprit here.
All info on my movies are being fetched from http://www.themoviedb.org/
Is there something wrong with the website the moment my library is being updated or the http errors are coming from my end?
You seem fixated with search and not following through with the advice given including my suggestion to use texturecache.py

Good luck with that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Partially Solved] Updating files in Gotham! Duplicates' terror!0