Solved [Partially Solved] Updating files in Gotham! Duplicates' terror!
Well it is in the search results that I have the duplicates and not in the movie library.

I have tried to follow every one of your advices.
It is just that I have not yet had time to read through the lengthy thread on 'texturecache.py' but will do eventually.
Apart from that could you please enlighten me on whether the http errors are caused from my system or the web server?
I already told you that 3 posts ago.
(2014-08-01, 09:36)uNiversal Wrote: What those errors mean. Means its trying to get to some page on some server and getting a 404 error, curl error 22 is when http returns a error greater than 400.

So the phrase "http returns a error" points out that is the server's problem and not my own.

Ok then, thanks.
Ok I tried my luck with texturecache.py and this is what I got:
"...it's nothing this script can help with."

So basic communication problem is what I am facing.
For some reason xbmc and tmdb.org don't "speak" to each other occasionally.

Well if any other user is having the same issue at least there is another explanation for it.
No, read what Milhouse posted, fyi your issue is cleaning up dupes from library etc which script can do. Its possible that tmdb is being flooded by reqeusts and chokes up, it not unusual, and this is only a problem if you cant scrape some TV show, else IT has nothing to do with anything else you describe.
My issue is not cleaning up dupes from library. I can find and clean them without the script.
My issue is the creation of dupes in my library when scraping/updating.

Apparently when I replace a video file and try to update library and tmdb chokes up it does not scrape the new file.
At that time I am not in position to know whether tmdb choked up or not so I run a library clean thinking that everything was scraped ok and wanting to delete the old video file from library.
The cleaning finds out that the previous known file path is no more valid and it deletes the movie but not completely. It still appears in the search results!
And when I try to scrape/update the new file again and tmdb is online, the video file is being scraped and added in the library and in the search results as well.
Consequently; in the search results the movie appears double!

Does that make sense?
Very weird. Go into your userdata (wiki) folder and grab the file under /database/ called MyVideos##.db (some number in there, you probably want the highest).

See if you can send this to us, using dropbox or something, and we can see if there's anything weird about the database file.
Hello guys.

The only method I found out working in order to update a video file with a new/better one in Gotham is:

1) Replace the actual file in windows
2) Run "Clean Library" first.
3) Then "Update Library".

If I run "Update Library" first and then "Clean Library" in most cases my library ends up with duplicates.

Just a heads-up for anyone that faces the same issue.

I appreciate all your help!
Cheers!
You can now then full edit main post and chnage from BUG to Solved Issue Wink

Glad your up sorted here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Partially Solved] Updating files in Gotham! Duplicates' terror!0