Saving audio and subtitle settings doesn't work
Hey, I'm running default XBMC "Gotham" 13.1 on Windows 8.1 64-bit and I'm trying to watch series of mkv videos with with 2 audio tracks and 2 subtitle tracks. It defaults to the correct audio track because of my language preferences but it doesn't work for the subtitles because both subtitle tracks are listed under the same language. It doesn't save any of my preferences when I use "Set as default for all videos" not even when I just reload the video I was just watching. Some help with this would be appreciated, thanks.
One solution would be that you extracted subtitle tracks and saved them as external subtitle files in the same folder with the movie. Name those subtitles as movie.[language prefix].[filetype]

For example if you had movie Harry Potter.mkv then the subtitle would be Harry Potter.eng.srt or Harry Potter.fin.srt or Harry Potter.swe.srt. The name really depends what language you use. Then in xbmc those external subtitles are not listed under same languages but are listed by the language specified by the file name of the subtitle file.

Don't know if you are already aware of that but let me know if that helps.
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Saving audio and subtitle settings doesn't work0