MySQL General Questions
Question 
I am trying to understand exactly what MySQL does regarding libraries.

Does it Replace the need to "Add Videos" and scan them into the library? Or Do I need to add Videos for TV Shows and Movies and scan them into the library for each instance of XBMC I have running on my network?

"I thought" by creating and adding the AdvancedSettings.xml file to each instance of XBMC, the library would populate from MySQL without the need to "Add Files" and scan them into the library
Read the wiki and learn and maybe a search of sharing with mysql too.
Quote:Does it Replace the need to "Add Videos" and scan them into the library?
Once you setup MySQL and its sitting there empty, you will have to "Add Videos" (utilizing the advancedsettings.xml) from one of your clients (making sure to use smb:// or nfs:// opposed to a local drive letter)

Quote:Or Do I need to add Videos for TV Shows and Movies and scan them into the library for each instance of XBMC I have running on my network?
No, just add the advancedsettings.xml that you used on your first client to all the other clients. So add the advancedsettings.xml to client b, start XBMC and you should see the exact same thing that client A sees. Make sure all your clients are using the same version of XBMC so the databases don't change.
Thank you helta.. That helps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL General Questions0