PleXBMC Noob question
I have searched around and have not found the answer I am looking for, so I do apologize if this has been answered and I just overlooked it.

So I am 1 week into running XBMC Gotham on a dedicated HTPC and now I have found out about Plex. I have a great interest in running Plex for the streaming aspect and wanting to share my library with friends and family on my NAS that is connected to my network. So my question is, if I install the PleXBMC add-on, is that just running a "virtual" server? or does it turn my XBMC experience into more of a Plex? I am vacillating rather or not to turn a new Mac Mini into a dedicated Plex server or if I will be able to provide the same exact functionality (no slow downs, watered down so to speak) with just installing PleXBMC.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
The best place to get answers about PlexBMC is here. There is no 'virtual server' running when you use PleXBMC. I quote from wiki; "PlexBMC is a collection of addons which integrates an XBMC frontend with a Plex Media Server backend." You can share your library with Plex. Personally I feel XBMC is way ahead as a frontend than Plex. Plex has its strong point too; server-client structure to be precise. Why not enjoy best of the both worlds?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PleXBMC Noob question0