Is it time to upgrade?
Hello everyone! My goal is to have very smooth 1080P/24P playback, and right now, it isn't so smooth.. I'm running the latest version of XBMC Linux and it works very well.. I am running a Core 2 Duo (2.5Ghz), 4GB Ram, and Nvidia Geforce 630GT. If I upgrade my CPU to a quadcore, does anyone think they will resolve the issue, or do I need to go ahead and upgrade the mobo, cpu, and ram?

Thanks!
Even an Atom paired with GT630 should result in smooth playback. Something must have gone wrong with your setup.
(2014-07-30, 15:13)FernetMenta Wrote: Even an Atom paired with GT630 should result in smooth playback. Something must have gone wrong with your setup.

Thanks for the reply.. Any ideas what I need to look for?
Just provide a Debug Log and I think this can be solved.

Have you enabled using vdpau? And disabling vappi? Set deinterlacer to "auto", too. Deinterlacer can be changed in the movie OSD.
Start with a Debug Log that shows you playing a non good working file.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you your replies. I have not enabled vdpau, disabled vappi, or set deinterlacer to auto. I will do this tonight and post results. If not, I will post debug log. Thank you!
What version/distro of Linux do you use? Do you use any compositing window manager? Those often have negative impact on video playback.
(2014-07-30, 16:50)FernetMenta Wrote: What version/distro of Linux do you use? Do you use any compositing window manager? Those often have negative impact on video playback.
I'm using pretty much out of the box, XBMCbuntu
Quote:Thank you your replies. I have not enabled vdpau,
With vdpau disabled - you won't use your GT630 at all ..,
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you everyone.. It seems to be an issue with audio sync and not skipping.. After doing some research, it's almost like a impossible thing to fix unless you spend hours dedicated to trying to find a cause..
No, it's not impossible. But if you don't want to provide a logfile, we can't help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it time to upgrade?0