5.1 mapping issues for AAC, but not for AC3 or DTS
Hi all,

sorry if this was posted earlier, but i couldn't find it if it was.
Since the last frodo 13.1, i have a mapping issue with XBMC for AAC files only. If i am playing AC3 or DTS, there's no problem and the mapping is fine, i only have this issue with AAC. I am guessing it's a configuration issue with XBMC, as if i play the file on VLC, the mapping is fine.
I tried pretty much everything i have seen on various threads, but with no success, and am stuck with using VLC if i really want the 5.1, or switch the movie into stereo in XBMC.

I am on a mac mini from 2011, running maverick, with an HDMI connection to a Samsung AV receiver. Does anyone have a solution ?
thanks in advance.
Are you using passthrough in XBMC or did you configure speaker layout to 5.1 instead (which would use muiltichannel PCM then)?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the reply.
i tried both if i recall correctly, but i will try again this evening and confirm it to you.
debug log (wiki) for both cases...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
so, i tried with and without passthrough, same issue. mapping is wrong for AAC, but still ok for DTS and AC3. I tried to get the debug logs in both cases, but i never got the email. I know i should be able to give the log ID number, but i couldn't see it anywhere. I can however send you the xbmc.log file if you want to check, but i was told not to post such things on the forum.
post it on xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com and give the link
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 mapping issues for AAC, but not for AC3 or DTS0