5.1 mapping issues for AAC, but not for AC3 or DTS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
wzarnowiecki Offline
Hi all,

sorry if this was posted earlier, but i couldn't find it if it was.
Since the last frodo 13.1, i have a mapping issue with XBMC for AAC files only. If i am playing AC3 or DTS, there's no problem and the mapping is fine, i only have this issue with AAC. I am guessing it's a configuration issue with XBMC, as if i play the file on VLC, the mapping is fine.
I tried pretty much everything i have seen on various threads, but with no success, and am stuck with using VLC if i really want the 5.1, or switch the movie into stereo in XBMC.

I am on a mac mini from 2011, running maverick, with an HDMI connection to a Samsung AV receiver. Does anyone have a solution ?
thanks in advance.
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 17:08 by wzarnowiecki.)
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
Are you using passthrough in XBMC or did you configure speaker layout to 5.1 instead (which would use muiltichannel PCM then)?

AppleTV2/iPhone/iPod: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for XBMC: Wiki NFS
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Wiki Avahi
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ
find quote
wzarnowiecki Offline
Thanks for the reply.
i tried both if i recall correctly, but i will try again this evening and confirm it to you.
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
debug log for both cases...

AppleTV2/iPhone/iPod: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for XBMC: Wiki NFS
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Wiki Avahi
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ
find quote