is there a blue-ray player that I can Install XBMC on or is there a media playe
Hey guys,

I am exited to join you people at this forum.
Hope that someone can help me out whit this.

I have a ext.HD (LaCie HD 3T (usb 3.0)) and I inherited a very old but still playing wonderful Tv (love the sound)
unfortunately this Dino has scart i.s.o. HDMI
What is the best way to run xbmc on this old TV so that I can store my movies on the external HD
Does anyone knows that there exists a blue-ray player that I mid install XBMC on.
In our country there are lots of blue ray – dvd players that support smart TV is this an option? Becouse I need to replace my also very old dvd player

So is there a blue-ray player that I can Install XBMC on or is there a media player that also play dvd's? If not what is my 2° best option?
There is no Blu-ray player you can install XBMC on.

The Raspberry Pi has an analogue video output so you could go with that, there some info here on making composite output work related to the Raspbmc XBMC distro for the Raspberry Pi. You should be able to use a composite to scart video capable with the TV.

The only other option I can think of is go buy an HDMI to scart video conversion box so you can use HDMI output from Intel NUC's or anything else that might work.
Way back in the mists of time I built my first HTPC around a Radeon video card (and Athlon CPU) running Windows XP Media Center edition.

Why do I mention this? Well I was able to get the Radeon to output RGB SCART using a cable and a custom 1024x576/50Hz interlaced screen resolution. The Radeon allowed you to mix H and V syncs on one of its sync outputs (which SCART needs). This gave me pretty good quality RGB (not composite) quality DVB-T reception and PVR facilities (not bad for 2003) Wasn't fool proof - I had to install a special bit of driver software (Powestrip?) to get it to work under Windows - and had to remove overscan compensation using a registry hack otherwise I got fields leaking into each other.

Possibly not an option these days - but thought I'd mention it.

This isn't quite what I did (I wanted 1024x576 for 16:9 stuff) http://www.idiots.org.uk/vga_rgb_scart/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is there a blue-ray player that I can Install XBMC on or is there a media playe0