Linux Harmony 650 with Microsoft MCE Keyboard issue
Hi,
I received my new Harmony 650, and I'm trying to control XBMC with it. I configured on MyHarmony a new Microsoft MCE Keyboard device and there is an issue there, everytime I press a button it creates an infinite loop of key presses for that key. I tried to play with the repeat parameter but it does nothing. I tried another device (Microsoft Media Center Edition Keyboard) it's working well but it's missing all the letter keys so its quite unusable. How can I make this MCE Keyboard work ? Thanks for helping!
I'm not sure about using it as an MCE Keyboard, but you can actually use the XBMC profile to configure your Harmony remote. That's what I use on my Harmony 200 and it works quite well.
I'd recommend configuring your Harmony as a MS Media Center Extender rather than a MCE keyboard
Hi thanks for helping,

(2014-07-31, 06:25)two515ty Wrote: I'm not sure about using it as an MCE Keyboard, but you can actually use the XBMC profile to configure your Harmony remote. That's what I use on my Harmony 200 and it works quite well.
(2014-07-31, 06:35)Matt Devo Wrote: I'd recommend configuring your Harmony as a MS Media Center Extender rather than a MCE keyboard

I tried both profiles, however It's missing the letter keys for more advanced commands. It works for basic controlling but I want to be able to use some advanced commands like subtitledelay.
I tried to contact the logitech support and I'm waiting for an answer.
do you have the 'remote sends keyboard presses' option selected in XBMC?
(2014-07-31, 17:45)Matt Devo Wrote: do you have the 'remote sends keyboard presses' option selected in XBMC?

Hi, yes I do, tried without it has the same effect, however I don't think this is related to XBMC, I've seen some people with the same problem outside XBMC (i.e. notepad on windows)
(2014-07-31, 17:53)baikun Wrote:
(2014-07-31, 17:45)Matt Devo Wrote: do you have the 'remote sends keyboard presses' option selected in XBMC?

Hi, yes I do, tried without it has the same effect, however I don't think this is related to XBMC, I've seen some people with the same problem outside XBMC (i.e. notepad on windows)

the Harmony software has an option to allow for key repeat rate etc, it's one of the troubleshooting options
(2014-07-31, 17:55)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-07-31, 17:53)baikun Wrote:

the Harmony software has an option to allow for key repeat rate etc, it's one of the troubleshooting options

(2014-07-30, 23:33)baikun Wrote: ... I tried to play with the repeat parameter but it does nothing ...
I already tried this this option (I tried 0, 1, 2, 3) as I stated in my first post, but it does not resolve my issue. I have been contacted by the logitech support, they modified my account with a new device profile but it didn't work, I'm waiting for the next step.
(2014-07-31, 20:36)baikun Wrote: I already tried this this option (I tried 0, 1, 2, 3) as I stated in my first post, but it does not resolve my issue. I have been contacted by the logitech support, they modified my account with a new device profile but it didn't work, I'm waiting for the next step.

sorry, didn't scan back up that far. I've always used my Harmony as a MCE remote, not keyboard. You do know you can map the keyboard functions to IR buttons, as per the XBMC remote wiki
(2014-07-31, 20:39)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-07-31, 20:36)baikun Wrote: I already tried this this option (I tried 0, 1, 2, 3) as I stated in my first post, but it does not resolve my issue. I have been contacted by the logitech support, they modified my account with a new device profile but it didn't work, I'm waiting for the next step.

sorry, didn't scan back up that far. I've always used my Harmony as a MCE remote, not keyboard. You do know you can map the keyboard functions to IR buttons, as per the XBMC remote wiki

No problem ! I'll try this alternative if I have no success with the logitech support, thanks for the heads up
Hi,

I've got a new message today from the logitech support, and this is not a good news Sad

I explained them the following things:

- I am running Ubuntu Server 14.04
- My IR receiver is RC-6 compatible, the model is IR606Q
- I searched for a fix on the internet and it seems that a few people are
experiencing the same problems with this Microsoft MCE Keyboard profile
- I played with the key-repeat option, when I set it to 1, if I press a
button two times fast, there is no infinite loop, and it works, which might
mean that there is a key-up/key-down issue.
- ir-keytable doesn't catch anything with this profile, however XBMC is
responding to the commands. ir-keytable catches correctly when I use
another profile.

And here is the answer they gave me:
Unfortunately, the configuration you have is not supported by Logitech Harmony.
However, according to the search I have done, you may have to re-configure LIRC and get the IR-keytable to load the keymap on every boot.

I responded that it's weird that my configuration is not supported since some profiles seems to work without problems. I asked them to point out what's not supported in my configuration and I'm waiting for a response.

In the meantime I'm trying to find an alternative to be able to use my Harmony with XBMC. Matt Devo could you please explain a little bit more how you configured yours with the MCE remote profile ? I've read the XBMC wiki but I'm a little lost, should I use Lirc / ir-keytable ? I tried the method described in the wiki but it's not working Sad

Thanks for helping.
(2014-08-01, 14:34)baikun Wrote: In the meantime I'm trying to find an alternative to be able to use my Harmony with XBMC. Matt Devo could you please explain a little bit more how you configured yours with the MCE remote profile ? I've read the XBMC wiki but I'm a little lost, should I use Lirc / ir-keytable ? I tried the method described in the wiki but it's not working Sad

Thanks for helping.

I have my Harmony One programmed as a Microsoft Media Center Extender, and everything works OOTB with a HP MCE IR receiver and OpenELEC. There's also an XBMC MCE remote add-on that can be used to customize things. I'd start there, and then worry about customizing keymaps for any additional functions needed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony 650 with Microsoft MCE Keyboard issue0