Amazon Fire TV have built in copy protection?
I was able to install XBMC 13.1 and FiredTV on AFTV using the adbFire application without issue.

Everything is fine so far except one issue.

On playing a video from one of the add-ons, the video becomes black after a few minutes but audio remains.

Copy protection of some sort?

The same video plays fine on the PC version of XBMC.

Does it mean the AFTV have some built in copy protection?

I recall that BLu-Ray players like Samsung have copy protection for Cinavia , so that when playing a file encoded with Cinavia, it goes stops video after 40 minutes or so. This was evident playing a file through Plex, but was not evident on devices with Plex that was not on a Blu-Ray player. People said that Blu-ray players were required to have this.

Thus, i was hoping that AFTV, not being a Blu-Ray player, would not have this issue.
I think i can confidently go ahead and say no. Its just some bug. Hit the context menu, download it and then try to play it. It will probably play, if it doesn't its probably just a shitty encode. Find another source.
Perhaps you are right:

1. It happens to more than just 1 file.
2. It does start out playing fine and then video goes black and audio still is fine.
3. It doesn't happen on my PC with same files.
4. But it also happens on my LG G pad tablet as well.
5. It also happens when I turn off hardware acceleration.

So perhaps it has to do with the Android port?
And I did download the whole file and still same results.
Lastly,

I just played the downloaded file on MX Player on the AFTV, and it plays perfectly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV have built in copy protection?0