Win Multi-movie DVDs and Multi-DVD movies
I believe that stacking is what I need to use for multi-disc DVDs for one movie, whether the movie spans two DVDs or the second DVD is a bonus DVD. However, I haven't been able to figure out how to implement this. I mean I can turn on stacking, but I don't see how I can access the second DVD. The Wiki doesn't seem to be very informative for this.

The second problem isn't as clear cut and I don't know how to handle it. How do I get XBMC to handle a disc with two or more movies on it? Ideally I'd like to have multiple entries in the Videos-DVD and Movies section, one for each movie an the DVD. (I've implemented this for TV shows and I'm impressed with the handling, but we're not talking TV shows here.) How would I solve this one, with a .NFO file that has multiple movie entries?
For the first....

I compare this with "Lord of the rings" SEE Version, which is splitted to 2 DVDs. You can handle this via DVD shrink and extract both video sources and then combine them in one new video source. Or you extreact each the video source and save 2 files for each movie (Lord of the ring 1 Part 1.....LOTR 1 Part 2 ando so on).

For the second....

You can handle this nearly the same way like the first option, or...

Create a nfo which hast the title "Movie1/Movie2". XBMC is able to read DVD structures including DVD menus. So rip the whole disc and start it. The only thing...you can't start a movie directly. For starting directly one special movie, you have to rip the disc, seperate the movie sources and save one file for each movie.

That's the best I can tell you...maybe others know more.

Greetings
David
(2014-07-31, 09:29)David1977 Wrote: XBMC is able to read DVD structures including DVD menus.

I've been ripping my discs as ISO images. Should I have been ripping them in file format with separate IFO and VOB files for this to work?
No, you can use ISO for this, too

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi-movie DVDs and Multi-DVD movies0