• 3(current)
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin
(2014-08-16, 10:36)marchaos Wrote: Just tried the dialog and it works Smile Just needs some styling obviously.

Nice catch! I'll include it in the skin for you.
Will be available within the next few days. Are you willing to beta test it ?
Sure. I'm using 1.9.2 which is pretty solid btw Smile
(2014-08-17, 10:33)marchaos Wrote: Sure. I'm using 1.9.2 which is pretty solid btw Smile

Hi Marchaos, I fixed the support for the series recording in new release 1.9.3.
You should get the update automatically through the repo.
Hi marcelveldt,

I don't see it in the repo. Still only 1.9.2. Does it take a while to come through?
(2014-08-19, 23:10)marchaos Wrote: Hi marcelveldt,

I don't see it in the repo. Still only 1.9.2. Does it take a while to come through?

Sometimes it can take a while. If you still don't see the new version today, you try to force a refresh of the repo:
settings --> add-ons --> install add-ons --> options of the XBMB3C repo entry --> force reload/check for updates.
Thanks, that did the trick. Will do some testing tonight.
Just taking at look at the series record. I recently switched to the media portal tv server, which also supports series record. Is there a switch somewhere that specifically checks for serverWMC?

Also - I see there's a github repo here: https://github.com/marcelveldt/xbmc.skin.titan

Looks like its not the latest. I'm available to help out with any coding Smile
(2014-08-20, 17:35)marchaos Wrote: Just taking at look at the series record. I recently switched to the media portal tv server, which also supports series record. Is there a switch somewhere that specifically checks for serverWMC?

Also - I see there's a github repo here: https://github.com/marcelveldt/xbmc.skin.titan

Looks like its not the latest. I'm available to help out with any coding Smile

No, XBMC has no native support for series recordings. The guys from serverWMC have created some sort of workaround for that with the custom dialogs.
I am using DVBLink myself and also interested in getting the series record to work in XBMC... When I have some spare time I'll check if there are possibilities to get it to work with other PVRclients too. Will keep you posted.

I'm currently not actively using the github repo as my SVN client has some kind of error, have to check that out soon.
What experience do you have in coding python and xbmc skins ?
Any help is always welcome off course :-)
I can probably code enough Python to get by (I'm a Java / JS developer by day) - not much experience with skins yet. Is there a program that you use to edit dialog etc? I've found that you can make changes and check in xbmc without restarting which is useful.

Just found in the MediaPortal addon that there's a similar dialog (DialogRecordSettings.xml). I'll attached a screen shot of that, with about 20 mins of xml hacking Smile It does also work.
(2014-08-21, 01:13)marchaos Wrote: I can probably code enough Python to get by (I'm a Java / JS developer by day) - not much experience with skins yet. Is there a program that you use to edit dialog etc? I've found that you can make changes and check in xbmc without restarting which is useful.

Just found in the MediaPortal addon that there's a similar dialog (DialogRecordSettings.xml). I'll attached a screen shot of that, with about 20 mins of xml hacking Smile It does also work.

Okay nice! You did forget the screenshot however ;-)

There are no tools to edit skins, you just use a solid texteditor like Notepad++ and a lot of patience.
Can you send me the files required for MediaPortal ? Would be nice to to include those too, with the skin's styling off course.
Will do once I've styled it Smile
(2014-08-21, 09:12)marchaos Wrote: Will do once I've styled it Smile

Okay, great work, I switched SVN repo because I kept having trouble with GitHub, will send you the details by PM.
If you want me to take a look at the styling let me know, I'm better in styling than coding ;-)
marcel - apologies for the delay in coming back to you.

I never did get chance to try your test release, and last night when I did get chance to use XBMC the skin had updated to 1.9.6 so I didn't think it would be worthwhile to try the old test version.

With 1.9.6 I still have the same problems I had earlier, especially the one of the last season of a tv show not showing a poster. It does now show a fallback image rather than just an empty space, but it's still not showing the poster that other skins do.
(2014-08-22, 10:16)Carcharius Wrote: marcel - apologies for the delay in coming back to you.

I never did get chance to try your test release, and last night when I did get chance to use XBMC the skin had updated to 1.9.6 so I didn't think it would be worthwhile to try the old test version.

With 1.9.6 I still have the same problems I had earlier, especially the one of the last season of a tv show not showing a poster. It does now show a fallback image rather than just an empty space, but it's still not showing the poster that other skins do.

Can you please tell me what view you are using ? The Poster and ShowCase views are using posters for the thumb.
The Banner however is using large banners which aren't downloaded by default.
Also the Titan Banner views are using landscape thumbs, which also aren't downloaded by default.

Today I created some small fixes in the skin:
1. missing artwork (required for the skin) is downloaded automatically at every startup
2. if landscape (16:9) thumb is missing for a particular movie/season/tvshow it will now use regular thumb as fallback.

Could you please try with the testversion if this solved your problems ?

Download:

http://marcel-rosmalen.no-ip.org/skin.titan.zip
I'm using poster details view, have the same problem with poster view.

The artwork isn't missing - it's there using the same naming style as for the other seasons, and other skins show it.

I'll try to give the new test version a whirl over the weekend.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan MediaBrowser skin14