[Intel] Dual-head XBMC broken on recent distros; Arch/Manjaro, Ubuntu 13.10/14.x
My bad. I did a clean checkout of your branch, but it appears it had the wrong WinSystemX11.cpp with the (superfluous) CheckDisplayEvents() function in it. (The commit only affected one file, according to GitHub.)

That should be WinSystemX11GL.cpp ...
Not sure what you are saying. My master compiles/links fine here.
See the previous comment. (I did a git pull of your branch, but it had the wrong WinSystemX11GL.cpp, when comparing with the one on GitHub.)
My repo gets force pushed, hence git pull does not work. you need git fetch and git reset --hard
It compiled fine now after I replaced WinSystemX11GL.cpp

But more importantly:

Tested it and - gasp! - it works perfectly; holy sheepsh$t. Started right up on the correct port (DP2). Traversed the outputs, and it correctly reverted back to VGA1 and to DP2 when changing the output config.

I guess Chris Wilson @Intel (who is digging into the x11/i965 driver) might have an easier job ahead of him... Thanks again for fixing!

btw.-just saw your comment on git fetch & git reset --hard; I'll have to remember that next time.
Also make sure that ccache is cleaned, which also has produced issues in the past.

Fernet's tree is "force pushed" tree - you won't get lucky with doing normal git pulls - always fetch the remote, rebase (if you have own work) or reset --hard if you don't

and copying files in the age of git should be avoided ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@FernetMenta–you might be interested in Chris Wilson's comments in the Intel bug report: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=82619#c43

He's been doing some testing with recently compiled versions that include the XMoveWindow patch and those preceding it; which suffered from the bug.
See my comments on the bug report. Chris Wilson's proposed changes do not work.
@DragonFly could you please test my current master branch.
Tested the latest changes now; XBMC starts up on the correct port (DP2), but as soon as you try to change outputs it briefly (~1 sec) switches to VGA1, then immediately reverts back again to DP2. This occurs regardless of which port is set to be the primary with xrandr.

Sorry for the late reply, btw.! I was away yesterday (otherwise I would have tested Chris' patches as well.) He does not seem entirely convinced that this is something that has been introduced on the driver/X side, but as you state it is too much of a coincidence that all WMs are currently failing.

I also experienced the same issues you did with the resolution mismatch (the XBMC window inheriting the other outputs' screen size), from comment #47.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Intel] Dual-head XBMC broken on recent distros; Arch/Manjaro, Ubuntu 13.10/14.x0