PS3 New BT remote : CH+/- codes
(2014-09-06, 01:20)Matt Devo Wrote: PS3 BT remote support fixed in (upcoming) 4.1.6

right now, the CH+, CH-, instant+, instant-, and -/-- buttons are the only (BT) ones that aren't generating key codes. I'm throwing some debug code in the driver to see if it's just that they aren't currently mapped, and if so, will submit a patch for them

Cheers Matt. Thanks again for all of the work you do on this.
(2014-09-06, 02:13)noggin Wrote:
(2014-09-06, 01:20)Matt Devo Wrote: PS3 BT remote support fixed in (upcoming) 4.1.6

right now, the CH+, CH-, instant+, instant-, and -/-- buttons are the only (BT) ones that aren't generating key codes. I'm throwing some debug code in the driver to see if it's just that they aren't currently mapped, and if so, will submit a patch for them

Cheers Matt. Thanks again for all of the work you do on this.

unfortunately, I've come up empty here. I even added debug code to the linux input driver, and while the keys generate codes for key pressed/key released, there's simply no identifier code to indicate what key was pressed. Those 4 keys actually generate one less code/message than all the rest on the remote (of the BT keys). So I'm really at a loss, and not sure what else I can do
Thanks Matt. It appears there were multiple routes to using the PS3 remote with XBMC. There's a lot in this thread : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50717 but I think one of the drivers does a remap of the "raw" bluetooth codes (which are >255) to bring them into a <255 range?. If that is the case, and that is the route OpenElec is using, it could be that those buttons aren't being remapped in the driver?
(2014-09-07, 11:49)noggin Wrote: Thanks Matt. It appears there were multiple routes to using the PS3 remote with XBMC. There's a lot in this thread : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50717 but I think one of the drivers does a remap of the "raw" bluetooth codes (which are >255) to bring them into a <255 range?. If that is the case, and that is the route OpenElec is using, it could be that those buttons aren't being remapped in the driver?

I'm looking at the input codes prior to them being handed off to / remapped by the hid-sony driver -- it's about as raw as you can get.

but honestly, I just don't have any more time to spend on this, for a few non-working keys, on a remote I don't use. sorry =(
(2014-09-07, 17:47)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-09-07, 11:49)noggin Wrote: Thanks Matt. It appears there were multiple routes to using the PS3 remote with XBMC. There's a lot in this thread : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50717 but I think one of the drivers does a remap of the "raw" bluetooth codes (which are >255) to bring them into a <255 range?. If that is the case, and that is the route OpenElec is using, it could be that those buttons aren't being remapped in the driver?

I'm looking at the input codes prior to them being handed off to / remapped by the hid-sony driver -- it's about as raw as you can get.

but honestly, I just don't have any more time to spend on this, for a few non-working keys, on a remote I don't use. sorry =(

No worries Matt. Thanks for having a look.
Question, I have 3 ASUS Chromebox and hey r amazing running stand alone Openelec XBMC. I just got 3 PS3 remotes to control them, I see if I suspend the box and press the directional pad it will wake it. Is there anyway to power the box on or off with the PS3 remote? Is there any other way to configure the remote or is the default the way to go?

Thanks
the Chromebox cannot be powered on from cold off (S5) from any device, only from suspend (S3)
Thank Matt, the suspend works good with the remote
Why does my openelec install not show any Bluetooth adaptor to pair the Sony ps3 remote when the chromebox has an internal Bluetooth?
(2015-03-20, 12:56)Batesy2007 Wrote: Why does my openelec install not show any Bluetooth adaptor to pair the Sony ps3 remote when the chromebox has an internal Bluetooth?

You need to enable the Bluetooth service before it shows up. It's another option in an OE submenu (Services I think)
it's also listed under the recommended settings on the ChromeBox wiki page

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PS3 New BT remote : CH+/- codes0