Dynamic video skin
Hi there,

I'm having trouble firguring out how to create my custom skin for the xbmc videoplayer. The main goal is to have there dynamic content - specifically a double playlist, the main is created at startup based on a json file, the secondary is defined by the actually selected item in the main list and the player should always play the actually selected video in the second one. So I wrote the logic in Python, using the xbmcgui.Window class with the windowed player in the background. It works actually, but the performance of the playback is rather poor (40-50 fps, would want stable 60 - using a Cubox i2), but when I try to play the same video without windowed mode it's perfectly smooth.
So I would like to recreate the same logic, but instead of createing the whole window in python and putting the videoplayer to the background, use the default player window (I guess it's the 'VideoFullScreen.xml'). Only problem is, in this case i have no idea how to handle the keyboard actions and how to dynamically change the content, because when I start the player the whole window is constructed based on the xml file without a python class.
Any help would be appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dynamic video skin0