Win Videos Don't Show Up On Pi
I have a folder being shared by windows 8.1 (Homegroup disabled), and some of the files can't be seen on the pi.

It's not that they're not being processed. I go into Videos->Movies->(Troubled Movie Folder) and the file isn't even there.

I'm using Xbian right now, but I had the same problem on OpenElec. The exact same thing happened sharing from Windows 7 as well.

Some of the troubled files are new, some have been there for months.
Could it be that the invisible files are just of a type which XBMC cannot play?
What are the extensions on these files?
Derek
mkv, and I believe some are mp4.

Lots of other mkv and mp4 files show up though.

CouchPotato labeled one that didn't show up as 'Blu-ray DTS', and I have a few others that have the same labels that showed up right away.
Permission issues perhaps?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-02, 00:43)nickr Wrote: Permission issues perhaps?

That was it! Thank you! If this were linux I may have considered that, but for some reason on windows I never even checked.

For anyone else that encounters this problem, I used 'Take Ownership': http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/281...s-8-a.html
Cheers, glad it helped :-)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos Don't Show Up On Pi0