Video playback doesn't fit screen.
I have a Android M8 box connected to my Panasonic Viera (about 6 years old) tv via a HDMI lead. When i'm using the android interface and the Xbmc interface its fits on the screen perfect but when i play a video through XBMC i'm only getting the top quarter of the picture. I've tried adjusting through the calibration settings but to no avail. The Video output resolution in the Xbmc settings says 1080p but my tv says its receiving 720p. I think this may be the problem as when i first connect the HDMI lead the picture is centred and full but once the 720p pops up on tv it the picture goes back to just the top quarter. Could it be that the tv thinks its getting 720p hence its not displaying the full picture? XBMC won't let me change the resolution settings manually.
What resolution did you choose in the system settings of the box?
(2014-08-01, 17:26)Koying Wrote: What resolution did you choose in the system settings of the box?

Its fixed on 1080p. It won't let me adjust it.

On the actual box settings it say 720p 60hz. There's no option to change it.
You were right. I changed the hdmi auto detect off on the actual box settings, then i could change the box settings to 1080p to match xbmc settings and everything works fine now. Thank you.
I'm having a similar issue except the display issue is constant-- The display screen is too large for my tv. I've adjusted the output settings manually and no matter which setting I choose, the display is still too big. The lowest display it will allow me to choose is 80%. Another user suggested changing it to 1080i but that hasn't helped either. Literally every setting I chose I am missing the left 1/4 of my screen from the display.
I brought the box to my parents house and it displayed fine. I've tried each of the 1080's and 720, even 576 and 480 and nothing changes.Please help Sad
I'm not sure it makes a difference(not required on my box), but have you rebooted the android box each time after making the resolution changes in android settings? Have you tried various aspect settings on your TV? Have you tried turning overscan on/off on your TV? Does the issue only occur on playback?(I'd guess not from what you wrote) If so, you should try disabling various hardware accelerations under System:Video:Acceleration in KODI.

You need to be in expert settings level for this:
Have you tried SystemConfusedystem:Video output and the resolution setting and use fullscreen window, etc. settings?

Have you tried other HDMI inputs on your HDTV or disconnecting other HDMI devices temporarily in case something is somehow interfering or your TV treats some HDMIs differently? Long shot, but you never know.

I'm just trying to be comprehensive, no idea what is actually causing the issue.

Or it may be an incompatibility with your HDTV. Someone else reported a similar issue with a certain brand in the last two weeks or so in this forum, forgive me for forgetting which brand. The box worked fine on their one TV and not the other, I want to say Emerson or Sharp, but really can't remember...

EDIT: It was a Toshiba 120HZ TV and it was shutting off entirely at android menu and when KODI was selected...

Good luck!
For what its worth to the next member with this problem....I went into the settings menu on the android page (before you go into kodi). Scroll down to "VIDEO CALIBRATION" and with the arrow cursor I stretched the upside down blue "L" in the top left corner to a little above the top of the tv screen. That stretches the video screen to that level. I think it works for stretching sides as well.
jay
(2015-12-26, 09:25)jleon1 Wrote: For what its worth to the next member with this problem....I went into the settings menu on the android page (before you go into kodi). Scroll down to "VIDEO CALIBRATION" and with the arrow cursor I stretched the upside down blue "L" in the top left corner to a little above the top of the tv screen. That stretches the video screen to that level. I think it works for stretching sides as well.
jay

That's not the same issue being discussed here, and such calibration should normally be avoided for HDMI displays. Most TVs will let you select the correct overscan setting on the TV itself. Only a few TVs really require such an adjustment, maybe because they're old, or it's one of those Sony ones where the controls make no sense (really, WTF is wrong with Sony?). By first adjusting it on the TV itself you preserve picture quality.
Go into your android settings ..... then find video resolution setting

Change to 1080p 50Hz or 1080p 24Hz
on one of my TVs it will do exactly as described with 1080p 60Hz selected
on one of my other TVs , it works with at 60Hz

relaunch Kodi
go to system , system information , video should be properly set to 1920 x 1080 in there and video will display correctly when played .....

good luck

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback doesn't fit screen.0