Screen Noise and Flicker
I did not find a thread after several searches, so I'm hoping this group can help.

I am running v13.1 (Confluence) over Win7.1, connected to a Sony HDTV via HDMI.

When I go to any menu while watching Live TV, the screen flickers with what looks like a noise pattern (usually fine bright-pink lines) then goes black for a second or two, and then displays the menu. It doesn't matter what I've selected while watching Live TV -- the main menu ribbon, the PVR control display, you name it.

This is new behavior -- any ideas what Windows or XBMC settings I need to adjust?

FWIW I did update my chipset drivers the other day -- but frankly don't recall how soon afterwards this started (but it wasn't immediate).

Thanks in advance, this forum has really helped my build thus far.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Not sure I can offer any solution, clearly image break-up would suggest signal loss, but the pink lines implies graphic driver. The fact that you did update the drivers; points at the update.

Just grasping at straws here..this might have something to do with the interaction with the tuner and your update?
Wouldn't a graphics driver issue manifest itself in all parts, rather than just live TV ?

*black_eagle plays devils advocate !!
Learning Linux the hard way !!
And to clarify, it happens when I'm exiting from full-screen live TV. I'll see if I can roll back the graphics drivers this evening and see what happens (I already tried deleting the graphics adapters to force Win7 to re-discover, but that just loaded those same drivers).

EDIT: This only happens going TO or FROM full-screen live TV -- bouncing between menu options, music or playing movie ISOs is fine.

In the meantime, any suggestions are welcome.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Well, that didn't work.

I rolled back the AMD drivers, which also killed the USB and PS-2 ports -- meaning I had to do a complete rebuild and I have smooth transitions again.

I do have other glitches though and will post them separately.

Thanks for the help.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen Noise and Flicker0