Android Fire TV, Mpeg2
(2014-12-23, 17:56)weak Wrote: Backend is a vu+ duo2 and the native app is [url="http://www.pembo.co.uk/e2stream/"]e2stream[/url] for samsung tvs.

Did u try the vu+ PVR Addon. Shouldn't it also support transcoding?
Mean, with a duo2 it should work as far as I know. Had a short time the new Solo SE, but there I could not configure the Transcoding prperly to output at 720p. So I returned the box.

Still searching for a good TV Backend with transcoding support.
(2014-12-23, 10:30)Koying Wrote: Kodi is going straight from the decoder to the screen, without even access to the picture to do any post-processing. Even if it did have access, 1080i de-interlacing wouldn't be efficient enough in software.

It still would be interesting to know if the Adreno 320 is capable of hw deinterlacing, but I couldn't find any info. I'm pretty sure Amazon doesn't give a sh** about interlaced content, everything they sell is progressive anyway.

(2014-12-23, 19:26)Vlaves Wrote: Did u try the vu+ PVR Addon. Shouldn't it also support transcoding?

I've been using the vu+ addon all along, but I haven't tried it with transcoding yet. Transcoding is limited to 720p on the duo2 as well, but it might still look better than 1080i.

All would be easy if the FTV would support interlaced scan and let the tv handle the deinterlacing. As it is I'll probably have to look for an alternative to the FTV. Suggestions welcome...
(2014-10-29, 17:55)Koying Wrote: See http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#video , <stagefright>.

Before you had "0"=don't use (and "1" always use, but it's not used).
You now additionally have:
- "sd"=only use stagefright for SD
- "hd"=only use stagefright for HD

The cut is arbitrarily set at a width of 800.

Same has been added for <mediacodec>

Does this work for Kodi too? Basically I want to use stagefright for hd and mediacodec for sd, I am not sure how to set that up in xbmc or spmc. I understand the advanced settings file, just not sure if these option actually exist in xbmc or only spmc?

Ok so the issues just appear to be with the FireTv Stick. The Amazon FireTV works pretty well with SD and HD over 5GH WiFi with the default Kodi settings. I will be returning the FireTV Stick for a refund and going with the FireTV boxes in 3 rooms of my house. I guess the FireTV Stick just does not have the right chipset or cpu speed to handle it. Although with one or the other codec disabled, it did work reasonable well. The only issue I have with the FireTV box is it does a strange graphical glitch when you change channels.

http://i.imgur.com/pJJhlaL.jpg

It clears up once the channel tunes in though. The issue with the guid sometimes not showing on start is there but it is there on my Mac version of Kodi too. I am sure the Dev will get that sorted. I can live with these 2 issues. Finally happy to have a simple tv tuning solution without having to set up a fulltime pc/nas on the back end.
(2014-10-29, 17:55)Koying Wrote: See http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#video , <stagefright>.

Before you had "0"=don't use (and "1" always use, but it's not used).
You now additionally have:
- "sd"=only use stagefright for SD
- "hd"=only use stagefright for HD

The cut is arbitrarily set at a width of 800.

Same has been added for <mediacodec>

Hi there. Is there a post that has a step by step on tweaking the FTV for optimal video playback? I'm having major issues playing back GoPro video recorded at 720p60fps as well as playing back recorded video from the NextPVR backend (super choppy).

So far I thought I had a great solution with the FTV, but thse two issues above are disappointing. I've been running Kodi 14.2, then I read that SPMC had some code in it that optimizes the playback on FTV.

However, all the posts make reference to mediacodec, bob, etc... An easier writeup on this would really be appreciated I think by a lot of users.. perhaps there is one that I have not found yet??

Thanks in advance!
I have n FTV v2 with Windows Media Center PVR addon (ServerWMC & HDhomerun) backend... when I play back a recording it seems like it deinterlaces (not great quality, but it does). When I'm play a Live stream using the same setup I see a very annoying combing effect (black lines all over the image), looks like deinterlacing is not happening.

Is this a feature gap, a bug, or do I not have a setting correct?

thanks for the help!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV, Mpeg21