My new Kitchen Counter XBMC Screen.
Quickly (and I mean Quickly) made this for the wife to watch shows while (Insert sexist joke here, lol j/k) she's in the kitchen. I am going to make it better by adding a KYDEX backing to it to protect all the wires and what not. It folds up when not in use and does not block anything on the counter. Its running Raspberry Pi on a 15.4" laptop screen with a controller board purchased from Ebay for $35. Total invested $70. I also robbed the laptop that I used the screen from of its speakers. The amplifier built into the LCD Driver board makes these tiny little laptop speakers very loud! so it works out very well. I know that analog out from the raspberry pi is miserable to listen to and was surprised to find out that the HDMI in for the LCD Driver board actually took the sound and made it amplified. I'm super happy with the way it works, now just to make it look prettier. Feel free to leave criticism good or bad I can handle it.

them wires, but otherwise good. Might work better with a touch screen?
Yea, I just had this screen laying around begging me to do something with it. Are you talking about the wires in the first pic? I haven't secured them yet thats why they are hanging down. I'm waiting to get the kydex in before taking it back down.
Very cool. Great to re-use stuff you already have - and a fun project I'm sure. Looks like a really neat solution. Got to love the Pi.
What are you controlling with?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
This is what i'm using. Works pretty well. no complaints.

http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-TT-MK00...=air+mouse

I must note though, For my HTPC in the living room, I have picked up a logitech K400r and love it. Won't be using an air mouse in the living room anymore.
yeah the wires in the first pic. I'm sure once the setup is complete it will look nice and neat with the wires hidden.
Interesting, could you point to the LCD driver thingy? On Ebay I mean?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yea no problem. Keep in mind, this is the link for the one that worked with my laptop screen. You'll need to do a search for the model number of your screen and hardware and firmware version. The company I bought mine from was in china (i think they all are) and they were very cool about it and just sent me the one I needed after I ordered the wrong one on accident. Also, the fastest shipping for something I've ordered from China ever! it was right at a week, maybe a little over.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-DVI-VGA-Aud...OU:US:1120

The eBay member is e-city2008 or something.

You will also need a 12v 4a power supply purchased from amazon for less than $7 shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004FLJ37Q/ref=...60_TE_dp_4
Also, Make sure the LCD Driver you purchase has the correct connector you're looking for. Some do not have HDMI and some only have VGA. The one I bought had all 3.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My new Kitchen Counter XBMC Screen.0