tags not showing up in added flac files
Hi--
I have tried retagging and readding a few albums with flac files on the latest stable build of gotham on 14.04 linux base but for some reason both in files and the library the tracks only show as track 1, track 2, etc. Not really a debug log to post b/c these are how they appear when I access them after transferring them to local hard drive. In foobar, however, track titles display correctly. Interference from a cue sheet in the same folder or something? Anyone run into this issue before? thanks for any help...
If they don't show up when tag reading is enabled (it's on by default) and you browse to the files in files mode, then the Debug Log might tell us something - check for tag stuff dumped out.

Otherwise, best thing is to supply a file for someone else to test for you.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hey thanks for the reply...but in files mode they still read as artist - track 1, etc. Never had this happen before when adding an album, so not sure what's different...retagged one of the albums with mp3tag just in case but still reading that way...is the most helpful way to just add the album...enable debugging log and then just navigate to it in the files or library mode?...
If in files mode they show up with the filename, then the tags aren't being read.

If in files mode they show up with something other than the filename, then tags are being read.

If they're in the library, then tags have been read. Perhaps some of the tags are there but not all or something?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Weird, none of the tags are read correctly and every song is "The Police - Track 1, The Police - Track 2, etc". Debug log attached for navigating to one of the files in files mode and also library mode since I am able to add to the library but nowhere do I see the correct track names...Never had this problem before, a bit stumped. Again, thanks for helping.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=258944
Looks OK - a few tags items unrecognised, but none referring to the track title (which seems the only bit missing?)

Mind uploading the smallest such track somewhere - feel free to PM the link if you want it to be private.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks for the file - shows up fine in Helix, and as there's been no changes afaik, I suspect it'll also work fine in Gotham.

I missed that you have a cuesheet in the same folder - that'll almost certainly be it.

Jonathan

yep, that must have been it. Strange, I could have sworn I had cue sheets in the same folder and it wasn't an issue. Has that always been a problem with xbmc?...anyway, thanks a million for the help!
Only if the .cue sheet contains stuff that isn't quite right (i.e. in this case it appears to be listing stuff as "Track 1" in the .cue).

ok, that must be it. Thanks again!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tags not showing up in added flac files0