Win Video slows down then quickly speeds up - only in Kodi not in PowerDVD
Hi,

For the last few weeks i've not been able to watch any films via Kodi, All of my films are full blu-ray isos. I've had xbmc/kodi for a few years not and never had this issue before.

The films will always stop for a second then all of a sudden go really fast, The audio will jump as well it's like it's getting stuck and then trying to catch up on its self. The majority of films are doing it. I've tried the same films in PowerDVD and they play without any issues. So i assume it is a setting or something in Kodi.

I'm using Kodi 15.1, Audio is set to WASAPI and it is outputting DTS-HD.

PC Specs:
Windows 10 Home
i5-4690k @ 3.50ghz CPU
MSI Gaming 5 Motherboard
8GB DDR3 RAM
Onboard Graphics, HD4600

TV is a sony 4K, not 100% sure on the model, My PC is connected to AVR using hdmi cable, the AVR is Onkyo TX-NR646

Here is my audio settings in windows:

Here is a Kodi Log: (i noticed while it was making the log and it did the little jump, the CPU shot upto 100% for a second then dropped back down again)
Will Repost.

Hope you can help, I can post a video of what it's doing if it would help.
Cheers
First thing you need to do, is dump the non kodi plugins. You have some That are blacklisted. Not a soul here will help with those running or shown in your logs.

Second thing you need to do, is either remove, rename, or Atleast make an attempt to hide your torrented movies. Again, illegal and if present, regardless of your case - you will not be helped here.

Once gone, retry your problem, and repost a log.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Use the dx11 version of kodi. Had the same thing happen, almost the exact same system
Isn't 15.1 already using DX11?

Which version of kodi did you use to fix this? I don't really use Kodi for movies anymore, have to mount them and play via PowerDVD to get them working. Would love to start using Kodi again.
It almost sounds exactly like the same bug I and brazen1 have seen with bluray isos.

See
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=241763
and
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229511

Basically the audio drops out then the software decides it is out of sync and resets the player causing an audio glitch and video glitch. Sometimes it seems to speedup but most of the time it just glitches and skips 30-50 seconds. Is this the same sort of behavior you are seeing?

I am mostly seeing it on pixar blurays. Because of the way they are structured. If you look in the \BDMV\STREAM folder of the ISO you will see lots of little files. If you have a file that is 20-30gig or more you probably will not see this glitch. But where they break the movie into little bits you will see it fairly often. Basically wherever the movie is split into parts. For example my copy of zombieland does not do this as the movie file is 1 part. But my copy of Ratatouille does as it is broken into 20-30 parts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video slows down then quickly speeds up - only in Kodi not in PowerDVD0