Aeon Nox 4 vs 5
Hello there,

I'm going to try and do this without being cynical and critical, because sadly, it's my nature.......
That being said,..... I feel like Aeon 5 could do with some... tweaking.

Here is a screenshot of 4 vs 5

You can see more information in many ways.
For a start, since it's not zoomed in so tightly, I can see the full art image, I can see significantly more of my library to the right, as I scroll as well.
It has the rating of the film - just heaps more information, hell even the /font/ in my opinion is better and easier on the eye.
One thing you'll note is I've even got the plot.summary NOT not the plot.fullinfo thing, so there's far, far less spoilers to be had from the nice, simple snippet about the film in the top box.
Thanks to this guy here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1431830 (plotOUTLINE should be default always, full plot is too long and full of spoilers)

The only issue I have at all with Aeon is that the 'subtitle auto downloader' doesn't work. I literally need to switch to confluence, download subtitle then switch because it's just broken on my old, broken build of XBMC and old Aeon. It's otherwise virtually perfect.

So, long story short, I've re-installed 13.2 today on a fresh machine and I can only see Aon 5 as an option, can someone tell me how to get it back or if 5 will ever have the same features?
(2014-08-02, 12:35)AbRASiON Wrote: Hello there,

I'm going to try and do this without being cynical and critical, because sadly, it's my nature.......
That being said,..... I feel like Aeon 5 could do with some... tweaking.

Here is a screenshot of 4 vs 5

You can see more information in many ways.
For a start, since it's not zoomed in so tightly, I can see the full art image, I can see significantly more of my library to the right, as I scroll as well.
It has the rating of the film - just heaps more information, hell even the /font/ in my opinion is better and easier on the eye.
One thing you'll note is I've even got the plot.summary NOT not the plot.fullinfo thing, so there's far, far less spoilers to be had from the nice, simple snippet about the film in the top box.
Thanks to this guy here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1431830 (plotOUTLINE should be default always, full plot is too long and full of spoilers)

The only issue I have at all with Aeon is that the 'subtitle auto downloader' doesn't work. I literally need to switch to confluence, download subtitle then switch because it's just broken on my old, broken build of XBMC and old Aeon. It's otherwise virtually perfect.

So, long story short, I've re-installed 13.2 today on a fresh machine and I can only see Aon 5 as an option, can someone tell me how to get it back or if 5 will ever have the same features?

I think your options would be to do your own mod of AN5 or you might want to check out AN 4.1.9 (Gotham) created by Warlion. I guess you could also create your own skin from scratch. I personally don't have the talent or the time.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hey dude, I actually just found AN 4.1.9 and damn if that isn't exactly what I'm after - once you switch to shift view, make a few customisations, just perfect. It really is a GREAT view for a movie library (same as my top screenshot)
Just gotta find the XML file to edit, to ensure I never see full plot info

Thanks/
It may have heaps more info, but a lot of the reductions in display information was to remove redundancy. Ratings, for example, are displayed 3 times on that one screen...really...3 times?
Unfortunately AN 4.1.9 is down to 1 time and it's the bottom right one - not the one up the top left, a shame.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4 vs 50