Win Using paid subscription streaming services with XBMC
Hello all,

I've been trying to get my head round this for a few days and no amount of googling or forum trawling has been able to clear it up for me. I apologize in advance if this rambles on a bit but I want to provide as much detail as possible.

So, I currently have a paid streaming subscription to BEIN Sports (formerly al jazeera sports) and I was hoping to import these streams in to XBMC so that I can a) watch them alongside all my other media and b) record programs for later viewing. Now my assumption is that I will need some sort of backend PVR software to take the stream and pass it in to XBMC, I'd tried using NextPVR, but I can't seem to get it to work with a streaming service that requires a log in. Now to the questions:

-Am I on the right track, or is trying to add a tv streaming service with a login not really possible?
-If it is possible do I require the backend PVR or is there away I can just do this in XBMC?
-If I do require a backend PVR, which one should I use that will support log in TV services? (and are there any links to tutorials / resources / walkthroughs)

Obviously if anyone has any experience with BEIN sports / Al Jazeera sports directly it would be ideal, but any wisdom from anyone who has experience interacting with login services would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Impishgrin
You probably won't need a PVR backend, those are for standard TV reception using tuners. Try to find out what technology is used for these streams, if they're not encrypted with something (like if it uses Silverlight) there should be a way to get it to work.
Thanks for the info negge. The site uses flash player and I've been poking through the site's code, but it seems to use java script to dynamically create the streams as there are 15 channels available within the player. I can't find any specific stream URLs that I can latch on to. Does anyone have any idea how I could go about extracting this information? Either any tips for places to look in the code (I've tried the old "find" url and swf to see if I can poke out the correct address) or any tools that would be of use?

Cheers for your help

Impishgrin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using paid subscription streaming services with XBMC0