Solved Synology NFS shares not working on Android or Windows (does work on Openelec)
hey guys

I ran into the same issue when I tried to connect to my NFS shares from my new galaxy tab yesterday evening. I absolutely agree that it makes no sense to solve the problem by permitting Everyboy for read access. So I didn't even give it a try. Anyway in my case I found that I had to change the "insecure_locks" entry for my Media NFS Share to "insecure" and after restarting the NFS service I was immediately able to browse the (sub)Folders.

I think this can also be done by using the checkbox on DSM that says "Allow connection from non privileged ports (port higher than 1024)" but I prefered to test the tablet performance instead of searching for the correct checkbox Smile

PS: I found little time to give it a try and I can say that I was not able to connect with Read Access for Everyone and the insecure_locks setting. Setting it to "insecure" immediately solved the problem and is absolutely fine for my private network Smile

PSS: Big Grin I should have googled a little deeper into the issue: http://www.robvanhamersveld.nl/2012/12/1...-with-nfs/ or simply set the Checkbox on the DSM Menu as mentioned above

regards,

Dom
Allow connection from non privileged ports (port higher than 1024) <- that is needed when using internal nfs support in kodi as also stated in the nfs wiki in my signature (i should maybe make this font size 1000 and red or so Wink ).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I actually didn't check your signature so far Tongue This thread was one of the first google hits and it gave me an idea how to solve my problem, which only effected one out of 5 Devices running Kodi...
Its not about my signature really - its more about our wiki as a ressource for information like that Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm running kodi on android and a openelec device. Openelec works perfectly but I had the same problem as described above on my android Kofi device. The problem was solved by configuring synology:
1: squash all users to admin
2: allow access from non privileged ports
I experienced a very similar issue. I was able to access my NFS share from linux and from Kodi on Windows and Raspberry Pi, but not on Kodi for android.

I am familiar with unix permissions and they were set correctly. Initially I was running FreeBSD on my NAS but switched to Debian to give that a shot. I'm not sure if it's possible to correct the FreeBSD exports file to work, but the reason I was getting this behavior when the NFS share was running on Debian was due to a space between the network and the options:

I had:
Code:
/share/path 192.168.3.0/24 (ro,all_squash,anonuid=1001,anongid=1001,insecure,no_subtree_check)

The correct format was:
Code:
/share/path 192.168.3.0/24(ro,all_squash,anonuid=1001,anongid=1001,insecure,no_subtree_check)

One tiny little space... Of course, make sure anonuid and anongid are set to the your user/group (by uid/gid found in /etc/passwd) that has permissions to the files/directories which you are sharing.
thank you bledd - this topic and your solution in post 17 helped me getting nfs from windows to work. thank you very much!
I've been struggling with connecting from Android to my Synology DSM NAS for a long time as well and finally had some time again to look into it and here is what solved it for me. bledd's solution didn't work for me because my DSM looks different so I had to find another solution. In the Control Panel under Shared Folders edit the share you want to access over NFS. Under NFS permissions add the client you want to grant access and make sure that
  1. Squash is set to Map all users to admin
  2. Allow connections from non-privileged ports (ports higher than 1024) is enabled

EDIT: After some more testing the latter option should actually be enough.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I've been trying to get my Android device connected to my Ubuntu Server via NFS for ages. Never had any problems connecting from Openelec running on a PC. In the end it was the "insecure" setting that worked for me ie, using (ro,insecure,all_squash)
(2015-08-29, 18:15)Montellese Wrote: I've been struggling with connecting from Android to my Synology DSM NAS for a long time as well and finally had some time again to look into it and here is what solved it for me. bledd's solution didn't work for me because my DSM looks different so I had to find another solution. In the Control Panel under Shared Folders edit the share you want to access over NFS. Under NFS permissions add the client you want to grant access and make sure that
  1. Squash is set to Map all users to admin
  2. Allow connections from non-privileged ports (ports higher than 1024) is enabled

EDIT: After some more testing the latter option should actually be enough.

Thanks, now NFS work with Android and mac.
For me it was only necessary to map all users to guest,to get it working.
And Allow connections from non-privileged ports (ports higher than 1024)enabled
Synology DSM 5.2
Thanks.
im also on DSM 5.2 and even after I allowed non-privileged ports and squashed all users to admin, I still wasn't able to use NFS for KODI to access my diskstation. I saw another thread over on the synology forums about a hardware issue. I realised that my diskstation and my KODI device were plugged into a switch and a modem respectively (but connected between them of course). I plugged both of the two devices into the same switch and my NFS sharing issues were resolved. hope this helps someone.
(2016-01-31, 10:54)canaan Wrote: im also on DSM 5.2 and even after I allowed non-privileged ports and squashed all users to admin, I still wasn't able to use NFS for KODI to access my diskstation. I saw another thread over on the synology forums about a hardware issue. I realised that my diskstation and my KODI device were plugged into a switch and a modem respectively (but connected between them of course). I plugged both of the two devices into the same switch and my NFS sharing issues were resolved. hope this helps someone.

Thanks for this post. I really spend hours trying whatever permission options where available whithout any success.
Then, after reading your post, I removed the wired connection to the 2nd switch and connected over WIFI -> voilà NFS connection works!
Thanks a lot!
I had a problem connecting to my nas from two of my media devices with nfs

On the DS414, Control Panel, Shared folders, Edit folder you want to share, NFS Permissions, Create rule, if there is nothing there, & adding host name didn't work for me, I put in the ip address of the devices, but I didn't select allow connections from ports higher than 1024
7.2.1.1 fixed the issue for me, even on DSM 6: http://kodi.wiki/view/NFS

But isn't it a security fault?
Every user that can connect is admin?
I limited the client to a specific IP, so only this one should be able to connect "as admin" right?
Hi folks.. I've been on the day best part of the until the school run.. nothing makes this works on kodi/jarvis- NVidia shield not tried other Android..

So haven't read all the forum will do in due course.. but does this work 100℅ method for anyone..

I can reach my nfs shares via mac and windows but not via kodi platform in shield..??

My next option is to install kodi on win platform and see if i cab connect to the NFS shares.

Gotta say it is testing my every nerve.. would appreciate any 2016 August updates or workarounds I can't see why there is no fix.

Sent from my LG-H961N

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Synology NFS shares not working on Android or Windows (does work on Openelec)0