Android Amazon Fire TV now choking on 1080p MKV content
Device: rooted Amazon Fire TV - 51.1.0.2_user_510058520
XBMC: Gotham 13.1 Stable - No add-ons
Infrastructure: Hardwired GigE from UnRAID Server
Router: Asus RT-AC66U running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/07/14) kongac (SVN revision 24200M)
OTA updates are disabled

I've been using the Amazon Fire TV with XBMC Gotham for a couple of months now. For the first 7 weeks it worked absolutely flawlessly. Played any HD content I threw at it. Lately I have seen a performance degradation with 1080p videos that I can't figure out. It seems all 1080p videos now will not play consistently. They will play for a short time fine and then framerate drops substantially and the videos become unwatchable. During this time CPU and memory seem stable.

To troubleshoot I have rebooted XBMC, rebooted the AFTV, pulled the power and "hard booted", uninstalled AirPin airplay receiver I was running, uninstalled Google Play and associated sideloaded apps, deleted XMBC data and re-setup and disabled MediaCodec acceleration, but the issue remains. I just don't understand what is bogging this device down all of a sudden. Any help is appreciated. Links to xbmc.log and MediaInfo for a representative file are below.

xbmc.log

MediaInfo
(2014-08-02, 21:31)2TallKnowItAll Wrote: Device: rooted Amazon Fire TV - 51.1.0.2_user_510058520
XBMC: Gotham 13.1 Stable - No add-ons
Infrastructure: Hardwired GigE from UnRAID Server
Router: Asus RT-AC66U running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/07/14) kongac (SVN revision 24200M)
OTA updates are disabled

I've been using the Amazon Fire TV with XBMC Gotham for a couple of months now. For the first 7 weeks it worked absolutely flawlessly. Played any HD content I threw at it. Lately I have seen a performance degradation with 1080p videos that I can't figure out. It seems all 1080p videos now will not play consistently. They will play for a short time fine and then framerate drops substantially and the videos become unwatchable. During this time CPU and memory seem stable.

To troubleshoot I have rebooted XBMC, rebooted the AFTV, pulled the power and "hard booted", uninstalled AirPin airplay receiver I was running, uninstalled Google Play and associated sideloaded apps, deleted XMBC data and re-setup and disabled MediaCodec acceleration, but the issue remains. I just don't understand what is bogging this device down all of a sudden. Any help is appreciated. Links to xbmc.log and MediaInfo for a representative file are below.

xbmc.log

MediaInfo
Clear the Xbmc cache.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV now choking on 1080p MKV content0