supermicro AOC SAS2LP MV8 card and windows 8
Hello guys and gals,

I have purchased the supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 8 port sata card. I am running a windows 8.1 machine that will be serving dual duty as a server and as being used to do some very light duty office duty. The machine has the following

MSI big bang xpower mainboard. x58 1366 board
Intel i7 950 CPU
Coarsair Dominator 6gb ram triple channel
gigabyte 5870 oc video card
Kingston hyper x 128 gb ssd
coarsair ax850 power supply
I have 8 hard drives connected to the sata add on card

So my problem is that windows can not see the card. I have tried moving it around to one of the 6 pci express 2.0 slots with no luck. will this card not work with windows 8.1? I know the manufacturer does not say it is supported, but I have read several people have good luck with windows 7. This card was recommended by a fellow member here on xbmc.org.

thanks for any advice. I have been pulling my hair out for 2 days trying to get it to work.
Cooler Master HAF 935 Case
MSI xpower big bang Motherboard
Intel I7 950 CPU
6 GB Dominator 1600mhz ram (triple Channel)
Gigabyte radeon 5870 OC
Kingston hyper x 128 GB SSD
Coarsair AX850 PSU

2 x Seagate 4tb
2 x Seagate 3tb
2 x Samsung 2tb
1 WD black 1tb and 1 Seagate 1tb
Yet to work Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 Card
It doesn't appear as unrecognized device in device manager?
The latest drivers are available here: ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/driver/SAS/Marv...s/4.0.1.1/
The file is named 4.0.1.1/4.0.1.1_WHQL_WIN8.zip so it would suggest that it is Windows 8 compatible.
Have any other computer to try it in? It could be a DOA.
If you want to install to a HDD connected to that card, and Win8.1 can't see the any HDD during the install process, then Win8.1 does not have drivers for this device within its install media. As such you must load the needed drivers at install time (by clicking a load drivers button or pressing F6 i think) and then you should see the HDD's connected to the card.

Such F6 drivers can be extracted to a usb stick from the driver package provided by the manufacturer (look at the driver notes)...

Note that if the card is a hardware based raid card, you will need to create a raid array before attempting to install Windows. Even with F6 drivers you will not see a virtual HDD (raid array) to install to with some cards as they do not support non raid configurations. Such raid cards have boot roms that will allow you to administer the arrays without needing an OS. Usually you need to type CTRL-C or such at boot time to invoke the cards boot rom (you may need to check some bios setting first).

If the issue is you can't see the card after the OS is installed to a HDD connected to the mobo, then either it's a dead card, a dead PCIe port or driver issue.
I'm a XBMC novice :)
Motorider,

I have nearly this exact setup and have struggled with getting a supermicro aoc-sas2lp-mv8 to work. I'm able to get the aoc-saslp-mv8 to work, but not the newer card.

Unfortunately, I cannot even get my MSI to boot. It hangs at error code 008D when the card is installed. I take out the card and it boots just fine.

Were you able to get your rig to work?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
supermicro AOC SAS2LP MV8 card and windows 80