Android Playback issues on Amazon Fire TV
I am having issues playing certain 1080p files on my Amazon Fire TV.
I already know VC-1 files will not play correctly.
I tried doing a log and having it emailed to me, but I never received the email.
Just last night I tried playing a file, but got a bunch of green flashes on the screen.
My WD TV Live plays the file just fine, so it is not an internet issue.
I have wired connection.
Can anyone please help me here?
I get green flashes on certain files too, I think it's a codec issue, they play fine on my NUC.
Did you try the latest 13.2 beta?
There is a fix for some of those issues there.
(2014-08-03, 13:36)Koying Wrote: Did you try the latest 13.2 beta?
There is a fix for some of those issues there.

No, I am using the 'Launcher' version.
This was a rhetorical question.
I'll make it clearer:

Please try XBMC 13.2 beta to see if it solves your issue.
(2014-08-03, 19:26)Koying Wrote: This was a rhetorical question.
I'll make it clearer:

Please try XBMC 13.2 beta to see if it solves your issue.

Is there a launcher version of 13.2? I really need the launcher.
@elmerohueso's XBMC Launcher will not be getting XBMC 13.2 beta until it is considered to be stable by XBMC before doing so. And hope that it happens soon as it is always nice to have the latest versions when possble.
I will assume the issue is with mkv files. If not then your on your own. Some mkv files and android dont play well together, not sure why and to me its pretty random. but how i fixed it was to use m2ts instead of mkv and all the files that used to have the green in them now play perfect. Might be worth a try.
Please, don't start converting all your files before trying 13.2 Wink
Can't you sideload a standard xbmc alongside @elmo's launcher one, if just for test?
(2014-08-04, 08:51)Koying Wrote: Please, don't start converting all your files before trying 13.2 Wink
Can't you sideload a standard xbmc alongside @elmo's launcher one, if just for test?

I hope my post didnt come across and saying convert all of your files. i did not mean it that way. Was just an easy fix, i will have to try the new version of 13.2 myself to see if it fixes the issue i had.
(2014-08-04, 08:47)Skavangar Wrote: I will assume the issue is with mkv files. If not then your on your own. Some mkv files and android dont play well together, not sure why and to me its pretty random. but how i fixed it was to use m2ts instead of mkv and all the files that used to have the green in them now play perfect. Might be worth a try.

What program do you use to convert the files?
Looks like I'm talking to a wall. Whatever...
(2014-08-04, 19:54)Koying Wrote: Looks like I'm talking to a wall. Whatever...

I can't upgrade to 13.2 because I'm pretty sure it will wipe out my launcher.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
So i just tested 13.2 with a file that had the green with earlier versions of xbmc. And it played fine, so seems the issue might have been fixed, i am unable to test anymore files right now. So i would just wait til 13.2 comes out and they update elmos launcher. or just use 13.2 beta and then install elmos if you feel the need to, up to you. But it is good to know that the issue is probably fixed.
(2014-08-05, 01:48)Skavangar Wrote: So i just tested 13.2 with a file that had the green with earlier versions of xbmc. And it played fine, so seems the issue might have been fixed, i am unable to test anymore files right now. So i would just wait til 13.2 comes out and they update elmos launcher. or just use 13.2 beta and then install elmos if you feel the need to, up to you. But it is good to know that the issue is probably fixed.

I converted the file to m2ts using txMuxer and the file played just fine

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback issues on Amazon Fire TV0