[Mac OSX] XBMC 14.0.alpha3 Password trouble
Hello,

Let me start of by saying this skin in my opinion the best around, works like a charm, excellent graphics, unlimited settings, nothing to complain!

i do have a little problem though. I was messing around with the settings, including requiring a password on launch. So I set a password and relaunched XBMC.
And thats where the problem kicks in. I apparently made a typo or something in the password, yes, even in the confirmation password, and now i can't login.
I feel kinda stupid but I decided to try and locate the skin settings xml file or the general guisettings.xml, to see if i could change the preferred skin back to confluence in order to reconfigure Xperience1080.

But it seems guisettings.xml has vanished in 14.0.alpha3, and neither can I find the skin folder or settings. Could anybody tell me if and where I can reset default skin settings or password settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my XBMC is a fortress now which I can't enter.

Thanks in advance for any tip or advice,

Jack
Is it a profile password you set (i.e. master user?) If so, see profiles.xml in userdata.

guisettings.xml is where it's always been (in userdata).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for your answer, the strange thing is that I can't find those files. It is a userprofile yes.

Maybe I should have said I'm currently running the latest 32 bit nightly build for osx, xbmc-20140802-bb2f501-master-i386.dmg 02-Aug-2014 06:42, in order to be able to run a certain repository which crashes on the latest stable build.

The contents of my userdata folder are like this:
ModeLines_template.xml, a folder called PictureIcon and RssFeeds.xml.

When searching the entire package contents of XBMC for files containing the word profile I get only two results, ProfileSettings.xml and SettingsProfile.xml, both of which are part of the confluence skin. To be sure I went through both files to see if there was any login or user data, but nothing to be found.

I guess I need to reinstall XBMC along with my add-ons.
It's not in the package contents. It's in ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata

You want profiles.xml I suspect.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Awesome, that solved it! Only had to change one value from true to false.

I had already checked the library before but only the general, not the one of my userprofile, no wonder i couldn't find xbmc there.

Thanks alot for your help man, greatly appreciated!
No worries - glad you got it all back working Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac OSX] XBMC 14.0.alpha3 Password trouble0