Bitstream converter and/or ffmpeg h264 10bit issues?
Hi,

I can't claim that I'm into codecs, bitstream conversion etc... but I discovered by accident (on Amlogic platform of course Big Grin, S802 chip, did not test on MX) that 10bit h264 is playable just fine when bitstream converter is not patched completley (patches from koying).

I had old Gotham build which only included patch: FIX: Upstream Annex-B bitstream conversion fix for some BD mkv iso rips (old version, see link)

To my surprise (I opened 10bit mkv by accident as I said) it played just fine.

After making new build and applying fixup h264 bitstream patch 10bit playback is corrupted again (shuttering, image gets purple transparent layer).

ffprobe output for video:
Code:
Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (High 10), yuv420p10le, 1920x1080, SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 47.95 tbc (default)

Any ideas? Smile

Stane1983
sample video (50-100 MBs) would be nice to have.
The sole Hi10 sample I have works fine, even with the "full" patch, on S802.
I somewhat doubt that it would be specific to Hi10, though. Afaik, there is nothing specific to Hi10 NALU-wise.

Indeed, sample welcome, might be another "special case".
(2014-08-03, 11:15)Koying Wrote: The sole Hi10 sample I have works fine, even with the "full" patch, on S802.
I somewhat doubt that it would be specific to Hi10, though. Afaik, there is nothing specific to Hi10 NALU-wise.

Indeed, sample welcome, might be another "special case".

Hi,

just PMed you.
Are you sure it is not something else?

I tested with and without the bistream part 2 patch and the result is the same:
The file plays without hiccups (besides at the start), but with "mosaic", purple-ish colors.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bitstream converter and/or ffmpeg h264 10bit issues?0