Android Screensaver - removing @eadir pictures
Hi All
I run XBMC on a Raspberry Pi and have set up the screen saver to access photos on my Synology Diskstation. It all works fine except that the screensaver includes low res pictures/thumbnails which I believe are held in a @eadir directories on the Synology. I have seen numerous threads on how to stop the screen saver accessing these files but none of them make sense to me and they all appear to have limited success.

So, does any one have the definitive proven answer to this problem...?

I have looked at using advanced settings and the pictureexcludes function but can't work out how to use it - can anyone advise on whether this is a feasible solution and how to set it up? In particular, can anyone take me through how to put this code in on a step by step basis (do I use Putty, do I take out the SD card/USB Stick and edit on a windows machine etc)

]2.7.2 pictureexcludes
Matches filenames or folders which should be excluded from being displayed in My Pictures using a list of Regular Expressions
<pictureexcludes> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in My Pictures -->
<regexp>small</regexp>
<regexp>[-\._ ](sample|trailer)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</pictureexcludes>

Any advice gratefully received, I am really impressed with XBMC/Raspberry Pi and I would really like to solve this particular problem.

Thanks

John D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screensaver - removing @eadir pictures0