Req XBMC Guest Remote
I have an idea for a remote app that was inspired by an app available for iPhone and iPad called PlayMyQueueHD. This app is actually 2 apps.
One is the main app that acts as the host player where music is played from. The main app is set up nicely for working with the music queue in a party situation. When you tap a song either in the queue or in the library you get another set of options to act as a safeguard to prevent accidentally stopping, skipping, or playing a new song before the previous song has ended. This is something that is missing in all the xbmc remote apps that I have tried. All the remote apps I have used so far caused me problems when trying to work with the party mode queue. I always end up accidentally playing songs when my intention is to remove them from the queue or sometimes when I try to add songs to the queue I end up playing the song immediately instead of simply adding it to the queue.
The 2nd app is a guest app that allows guests at your party to connect and add songs to the player queue. It also lets them reorder songs in the queue if you allow them too. The app is rather restricted in what guests can do so you don't have to worry about them screwing things up with your player queue, like stopping the music in the middle of a good song or skipping tracks whenever they want to. Something like this would be really nice to allow guests in your house to connect and have some limited control on your xbmc system.
So my request specifically would be an app that can act as a guest remote with the limited functionality of only being able to browse the xbmc music library and add songs to the queue and nothing else. No stopping, skipping, or removing songs from the queue.
Perhaps some greater controls could be added to xbmc party mode to work in conjunction with such an app, but I think the main thing would just be having the guest app available for ios and android designed as mentioned above.
Unfortunately I am not a skilled coder so I could not offer much more than an idea and hope that someone decides to run with it.

Sea
+1 !!! Oh man, that would be PERFECT!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Guest Remote1