OpenELEC & 3D Playback
Well get yourself a debug log of each situation and look for the differences.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I already tried to explain why it's working on second playback after you changed the video setting. The video setting IS NOT TRIGGER. It only tells Kodi that the video is stereoscopic so that Kodi can turn on it's 3D features for it. But if the video is already playing while you change that setting (meta data actually), there will be no magic done because those auto-triggers only kick in on playback start. Nevertheless you can manually trigger 3D mode after you told Kodi what stereoscopic format this video has by clicking on the now appearing "3D" button in the video OSD menu

@nickr
The PI can actively switch the TV into stereoscopic mode (using a special resolution etc) and does not depend on autodetection by the TV.

edit: no debug log needed as there is nothing to debug. Everything is how it's supposed to be
(2014-08-11, 12:49)da-anda Wrote: I already tried to explain why it's working on second playback after you changed the video setting. The video setting IS NOT TRIGGER. It only tells Kodi that the video is stereoscopic so that Kodi can turn on it's 3D features for it. But if the video is already playing while you change that setting (meta data actually), there will be no magic done because those auto-triggers only kick in on playback start. Nevertheless you can manually trigger 3D mode after you told Kodi what stereoscopic format this video has by clicking on the now appearing "3D" button in the video OSD menu

@nickr
The PI can actively switch the TV into stereoscopic mode (using a special resolution etc) and does not depend on autodetection by the TV.

edit: no debug log needed as there is nothing to debug. Everything is how it's supposed to be

Fully agree with all of above - that's spot-on to my issue and complete explanation. I did not see your post before I reposted, but it did answer my questions.

Btw, this is the second feature that make the RpI so brilliant. CEC and switching my TV to 3D mode are features no other HTPC has... Truly impressive!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
One more related question - I will now go ahead renaming my movie files as I really love how openelec can even further automize this. I still need to somehow fit with the MBS naming convention as I am using MBS when away from home. Their naming convention is to add [HSBS] or [HTAB] to the movie file. Am I right the the two naming conventions are pretty much incompatible as XBMC requires a .-_( before the word SBS, while MBS requires a [.

So, I would need to do the following to comply? moviename [ 3D HSBS ] [HSBS].mkv?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
sort of. We could probably add the [] characters to the whitespace list of the regular expression though. Or you use MBS naming convention and only fix the MKV headers using the header editor of MKVtoolnix. That way the XBMC will also know what's going on and you don't have to rebuild your library as names don't change.
I am still somewhat struggling to get this 100% working. A few issues:

1) I have updated to the Helix (using milhouse image) and it no longer works as before. Openelec no longer sends the "trigger" to my television upon (second) play. So, what used to work with the movies before, now no longer works. I can still manually send the "trigger" using the "3d button". Actually, I see that that the mode is already pre-selected, but it takes me to press the button again in the 3d-menu to trigger the "switch". And upon next play, I need to do the manual switch again.

2) The 3D-button you mentioned above does not exist in Amber skin, but only in Confluence. I assume this is a skin issue and I need to address it with the Amber developer?

Thanks for your help!
(2014-08-11, 17:12)da-anda Wrote: sort of. We could probably add the [] characters to the whitespace list of the regular expression though. Or you use MBS naming convention and only fix the MKV headers using the header editor of MKVtoolnix. That way the XBMC will also know what's going on and you don't have to rebuild your library as names don't change.

I like this idea. Let me see whether I get this right. I could keep my names following the MBS conventions and change the MKV headers to the XBMC convention. XBMC would read the MKV header and would then push the automatic trigger?

If that's right, I will try. Right now, it does not "trigger" in Helix even with the XBMC naming convention as shared in my previous post. But I could now go ahead with the MKV headers and wait until there is a fix in Helix?

On separate note - where could I log a request for XBMC to also follow MBS naming conventions for 3D movies? On GIT or here on the foruim under feature request?
use a newclock3 build from Milhouse in case you picked a newclock4 one. 3D handling is not yet working properly with newclock4 builds.

as for the error reporting - please use our bugtracker http://trac.xbmc.org/
I picked the #0816 built. How can I switch to a newclock3 one. Just usual simple update process or some more complicated downgrading required?
(2014-08-17, 14:52)steve1977 Wrote: I picked the #0816 built. How can I switch to a newclock3 one. Just usual simple update process or some more complicated downgrading required?

#0816 is a newclock3 build (ie. it includes the newclock3 patches). I mention in the release notes whether a build is using newclock3 or newclock4 patches.

The upgrade process is always the same, drop the tar file in the Update folder and reboot.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks, in this case, there may be a different issue. The 3D "trigger" does not work in built #0816 as described above. Only possible to trigger per 3D button, but not by file name or "second play" after changing. This used to work well on the latest Gotham built and I have not changed anything else.
Issue from #815 in 3D trigger is now fixed in #822. Thanks!

(2014-08-17, 14:06)da-anda Wrote: as for the error reporting - please use our bugtracker http://trac.xbmc.org/

It's not really an error reporting. Where could I request to have MBS 3D naming convention added to XBMC? It is fairly simple and does not even require 3D as part of the file name. Just [HSBS] would be sufficient, which is very convenient. As below:

[fsbs] - Full side by side
[ftab] - Full top and bottom
[hsbs] - Half side by side
[htab] - Half top and bottom
http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.p...structure/

Thanks in advance!
You can add this in advancedsettings.xml as far as I know.

EDIT: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv....xml#video
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Unfortunately, I did not succeed to get it working by advanced settings. See below the three things that I have tried:

First try
<advancedsettings>
<stereoscopicregex3d>[hsbs]</stereoscopicregex3d>
<stereoscopicregexsbs>[hsbs]</stereoscopicregexsbs>
<stereoscopicregextab>[htab]</stereoscopicregextab>
</advancedsettings>

Second try
<advancedsettings>
<stereoscopicregexsbs>[hsbs]</stereoscopicregexsbs>
<stereoscopicregextab>[htab]</stereoscopicregextab>
</advancedsettings>

Third try
<advancedsettings>
<stereoscopicregexsbs>hsbs (wiki)</stereoscopicregexsbs>
<stereoscopicregextab>htab (wiki)</stereoscopicregextab>
</advancedsettings>

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
well for a start not putting them inside <video></video> tags.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC & 3D Playback0