OpenELEC & 3D Playback
True, got it and works well now. Problem solved!!!

One last question - does my new advancedsetting now "overrules" the default XBMC setting (i.e., 3d.sbs., etc.) or is this in addition?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
On that I am unsure.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Celebrated too early. I still don't get all movies to automatically to trigger my television to switch to 3d-hsbs mode. It is a bit confusing, so let me share more details:

1) All my movies are now tagged that XBMC identifies them as 3d-hsbs. This can be proven as Confluence puts a small 3D-icon next to the movie name. Also, when starting the movie, XBMC actually automatically switches to 3d-hsbs mode. I can tell that XBMC recognizes it when playing as the while-playing menu shows twice (hsbs)

2) For around half of my movies, it does also trigger my television to switch to 3D mode and all runs well. For the other half, it does not make this "trigger". So, XBMC treats it like 3D (subtitle, menu, etc.), but my television does not. It is always the same movies that work and the same that does not work.

3) When I go the "3D button" in the playing-menu in Confluence, it also shows stereoscopic as enabled. And now the weird part. I can disable this button and then enable it right away. And then it magically works.

Any idea what's wrong?

I don't think the log is any helpful, but let me attach it anyways.
https://www.paste.to/uiMG4xOE
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
I really don't have a clue on what basis the TV switches modes, and I am resigned to using my TV remote to do it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
please note that the advanced settings are used as regular expressions and not just plain strings to be compared - so you have two write regular expression rules. Characters "[" and "]" have a special meaning in regular expressions. And yes, using advancedsettings will override default behavior.

So try something like "\[(hsbs|fsbs)\]" (without quotes) for hsbs. You'll still need the 3D trigger flag - if this is not found, no further attempts to match any string are done (this is because some TV-channels f.e. also contained "sbs" in their name and where matched by the rules - thus the requirement for the 3D keyword)
I think the naming now is ok. In Confluence, all movies have a 3D "flag", which I take as a sign that the naming is ok. Also, the 3D button indicates that 3D is enabled.

For whatever reason, my television only triggers 3D mode for around 50% of the movies. Naming and "flags" are exactly the same for all movies. No idea why it works for some and does not work other movies.

Any ideas?
(2014-08-23, 14:15)steve1977 Wrote: For whatever reason, my television only triggers 3D mode for around 50% of the movies. Naming and "flags" are exactly the same for all movies. No idea why it works for some and does not work other movies.

Run "tvservice -s" when playing a working 3d movie and a not-working 3d movie and see if the Pi is outputting the 3d signalling.
Thanks, please see below

Working one
state 0x12001a [HDMI CEA (32) 3D SbS RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 23.98Jz, progressive

Non-working one
state 0x12001a [HDMI CEA (32) RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 23.98Jz, progressive

So, it looks like the trigger is indeed not sent? Naming is not the issue and XBMC recognizes the non-working one to be a 3D movie (both with the flag in Confluence as well as showing "enabled" when pressing 3D button?
Even worse, now all is screwed up. Every single movie now has XBMC switch to hsbs mode. I thought it was related to the naming settings I have done, so I just renamed the advancedsettings.xml to basically go back to the remote settings. However, every single movie and tv show now has XBMC switch to 3D mode.

Thanks for any idea!
(2014-08-24, 05:56)steve1977 Wrote: Even worse, now all is screwed up. Every single movie now has XBMC switch to hsbs mode. I thought it was related to the naming settings I have done, so I just renamed the advancedsettings.xml to basically go back to the remote settings. However, every single movie and tv show now has XBMC switch to 3D mode.

You might get this behaviour if you enable hsbs using the video OSD menu, and then choose "set as default for all videos".
Try setting a video to not be 3d and choose "set as default for all videos".

If it's not that a debug log may have some clues.
Thanks, I will look into this.

Any ideas about my bigger issue - some issue "trigger" and some do not... See above about the "tvservice -s" response?
Any more ideas why some movies trigger 3D mode, while others do not?
could you please paste a full Debug Log (not cropped like your other one) and play a working and non-working movie? If you have concerns you can "black out" movie names, but please keep the naming scheme (spaces, 3D flags, ...) when doing so.
Here we go...

https://www.paste.to/9DriZ03p
Any thoughts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC & 3D Playback0